Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

New pen series from JetLasers!

Encap

JetLasers is offering for first time in a very long time a new pen series of laser pointers.

Great host design, look to be very robust and well made ---something different in a pen.

They are available in 100mW, 150 mW, and 200mW, 532nm green, 100mW and 200mW, 405nm violet and 100mW, 650nm red.

See: Pen series laser pointer - JETLASERS.ORG

Prices are $79 to $99 --reasonable prices --less expensive than a few other high quality pen type lasers also.

Last edited:

GR3EN

Those look awesome and at a great price too. Might have to give one a try in the near future

Pman

The 532nm at 200mW is the best deal in my opinion. Surprised at the other wavelengths. Maybe they will add something around the 515-520, 445-455 and 635-638nm. I wonder why really nice pens are usually not made focusable. Its not like it would be hard to do. Just make them infinity focus turned all the way in with the front piece and screw out for anything closer like I do with regular cheapos.

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Nice find encap, I was just looking on J/L's site a few days ago and I didn't see these; must have just put them up!
I also agree with you guys, these do look very nice. :D
Looking at the spec sheet, I noticed that these are a pretty large "pen", they are 16.5mm in diameter, and 160mm long.
One feature that stands out for me is that they have both, a momentary, and a "constant on" switch, cool! Like Pman says, focusability would be great too.

It looks like these could be another winner from J/L and Gray! :beer:

Last edited:

GSS

It looks like all three pens have a duty cycle of 2min, or am I wrong

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Yep, it looks like they're recommending 2 min. duty cycles.

I also noticed that J/L has added a "required eyewear OD" value for safety goggles on their info. sheet; nice addition!

Last edited:

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
That's way too expensive, but you don't ever want to order batteries with a laser anyway.

Edit- I just sent J/L (Gray) a PM to verifiy the lack of focusability, and asking if their will be any other versions offered, such as the 520nm, I also asked about possible different host colors.

@ Pman - I was just looking at the J/L site photos of the head end of these, and it almost looks as if it's designed be be focusable; that would be sweet.

Last edited:
Hosts looks kinda cool reminds me of the older wicked lasers pens but the price is a bit high u pay alot and u have no focus option.

Hosts looks kinda cool reminds me of the older wicked lasers pens but the price is a bit high u pay alot and u have no focus option.

Well you need to take into consideration were talking about high quality unit which comes from a seller known for his great customer service! I do agree the prices are a bit steep, but it's worth the extra penny knowing your in good hands! :beer:

-Alex

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Edit- I just sent J/L (Gray) a PM to verifiy the lack of focusability, and asking if their will be any other versions offered, such as the 520nm, I also asked about possible different host colors.

I just received a reply to my PM from Gray at J/L, I'm sure he won't mind if it's posted in this thread.

"Hello Jeff,
Hope you are doing great buddy.

Thanks for your kind words on the pen laser.
Yeah let's clear up the puzzles:
1- are these units focusable?
Sorry it is not focus adjustable now.

2- are their going to be any other versions, such as 520nm, or different color hosts etc.?
As 520nm runs on like 8v, so we are trying to make the host work for 520nm now. Yeah we might release other color hosts.
3- are you going to have any type of group buy, or other offers for these?
Yes man - we are thinking of starting a GB, with some $$ off or the like promotions.

Have a nice day and i will have a good night, haha

Best,
Gray"

Hopefuly this answers most questions; as usual Gray and J/L have responded in a timely manner.

Last edited:
Sweet. Now if only we knew when they are going to make these focusable/add new diode colors/add new host colors/start group buy because I'm interested in buying one and with my luck I'd buy one and they'd add stuff/ start a group buy the next day

They should def consider making them focusable, that would make some really sweet and unique pens worth its price, havent seen smaller pens that u can focus, only the bigger hosts do that :(

And is his name really Gray ? haha..

They should def consider making them focusable, that would make some really sweet and unique pens worth its price, havent seen smaller pens that u can focus, only the bigger hosts do that :(

Yep.

Mr. Gray :evil:

-Alex

So do they run on AAA or 10440 batteries? It says AAA under more info but the buy battery option gives you 10440.

Davidx

I have a small 5mw pen laser from Laserglow that is focusable. Works great.

I ordered a 150 mw 532 pen from Gray last night. :) ( they were out of 200's ) he mentioned the 200mw was a bit to much for proper heat sinking .

Last edited: