Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

New Mitsubishi diode 2.1 W, 639 nm

This diode could be worth putting money into cylindrical lens pairs. I wonder what the actual power out that can be had when pushed. I would think at least 2.5 watts. Well worth a cylindrical lens pair.

Ricker

m
This diode could be worth putting money into cylindrical lens pairs. I wonder what the actual power out that can be had when pushed. I would think at least 2.5 watts. Well worth a cylindrical lens pair.

I think it will be so darn beautiful into the night sky with cyl. lens pairs shaping them to a perfect beam! I'm with you on this Paul! I cannot find anywhere to buy these yet!

m

I think it will be so darn beautiful into the night sky with cyl. lens pairs shaping them to a perfect beam! I'm with you on this Paul! I cannot find anywhere to buy these yet!

Will have to see just how long a line it produces before ordering the lenses. Hope they aren't crazy expensive. I would love to make a build using it and the cyl lenses.

Ricker

ZMS7PWB.jpg

Last edited:

diachi

Does that say two emitters? I see that it has the double and tri beam diodes listed directly below it:(

Oh damn, good find. That's definitely the same diode... Looks like two emitters, or three for more power. :( Guess I'll change my bet now that new information has appeared! :D

Last edited:
Damn! I was starting to get excited too. I think they will eventually come out with a single emitter diode around 635nm that outputs 2+ watts. It just isn't today.

Last edited:
I've got the price: 69€ and 38 weeks delivery, but never mind... who cares.

diachi

I've got the price: 69€ and 38 weeks delivery, but never mind... who cares.

It's cheap at least, and some people won't care about the nasty beam if they're getting all that power at that wavelength. Probably similar looking to the existing dual/tri-beam diodes floating around I'd guess.

jors

G85 is dual emitter, 9mm case, 2W CW (1W each emitter).
Divergence is almost double than p73 (65º vs 35º on P73), so maybe we need to expand with cyls between 8-10mm fat beam to achieve 1mrad...who knows.
If this gonna happen (much probably), we could get same approach just correcting 2 P73 (pair of cyls each/one) +knife edge combining.
Just ordering one sample direct from mitsu to test... still no delivery time however

which is your source Arcadiush?

Last edited:

diachi

G85 is single emitter, this is good news, also 9mm case, 2W CW.
Divergence is almost double than p73 (65º vs 35º on P73), so maybe we need to expand with cyls between 8-10mm fat beam to achieve 1mrad...how knows.
If this gonna happen (much probably), we could get same approach just correcting 2 P73 (pair of cyls each/one) +knife edge combining.
Just ordering one sample direct from mitsu to test... still no delivery time however

which is your source Arcadiush?

According to this data (see below, bottom table and second paragraph at the top), the G85 is dual emitter? I had originally thought it'd be single emitter going off of other specs and available info, but this information contradicts that.

ZMS7PWB.jpg

Last edited:

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
It looks to me like a typical multi-mode diode. Nice output power, but unfortunately poor beam specs. However it isn't something to be disappointed about IMO. It is perfectly acceptable for RGB applications or once beam corrected high powered handhelds.

I don't think you can do enough to correct the beam specs on this diode to have anywhere near a nice single beam.

diachi

I don't think you can do enough to correct the beam specs on this diode to have anywhere near a nice single beam.

You could re-combine the two output beams, and correct them. But would it be worth it? Probably not. You'd be better off just combining two separate diodes