Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hey hows it going? I am in the houston area and currently in the middle of a pretty basic 1W 445nm handheld laser build. I run a Mitsubishi 3500w 10600nm laser for work and that is what got me into wanting to build my own lasers. Plus its cooler than anything else lol. I am looking to learn more and meet up with people that might be near me and create some wild stuff. I already have safety glasses that are multi-wavelength rated for 445nm and 10600nm, so that is why I started on the 445 build. It also seems kinda economical and plenty of power to start out with. Electrical is relatively easy to me and I can make damn near anything with my machine shop to building stuff isn't difficult. Lets play!

Sounds fun, and welcome! :wave: We all love pictures when you get that build going :)

Kevlar

Welcome to LPF!!!

Look around and use the “Search” function, it is very helpful if you’re looking for some specific information. If you don’t find what you want the first time, try different “key words”.

A good place to start is here, the “Rules & Stickies” section, pay special attention to the “Stickies”: Rules & Stickies

If you’re looking for information on how to build a laser check out the links in my sig.

Enjoy your stay!! You will find this a great community with lot of very knowledgeable, friendly, and helpful people. :beer:

welcome.gif
to the Forum....
Don't forget to read the FAQs...the Stickies
and the Forum Rules..

If your are planning to buy anything on the
Forum.... PLEASE read this first...

6 Steps To Prevent You From Getting Scammed

Enjoy your stay...

Jerry

Welcome to LPF! Definitely glad you're keeping safe.

If you decide to venture into other frequencies... as I'm sure you will with time, just remember to keep safe and make sure to always use the right goggles for the right wavelength.

Welcome to LPF! It's nice to see a new member with machining capabilities. Be sure to post pics of whatever creations you conjure up. :) Have fun with this fun and highly addictive hobby :beer:

Tonga

Welcome to LPF! Sounds like you are all set to make lasers;)!