Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

New Member Here

Hey LPF! I just joined a couple days ago and am really getting interested in lasers. I currently have a 532nm 5mW laser pointer I got off of ebay. I am interested in how things are put together, and am thinking about making my own laser. Well, just wanted to say hello and see if there is anyone you can point me to for parts or advice.
P.S. I saw the thread on how to make them already :]

ARG

Welcome! :wave:

Go to DTR for diodes, drivers, modules and lens'

Mohgasm carries drivers and C6 hosts.

Mrcrouse and Eudamonium here both carry a wide variety of hosts and heat sinks.

The B/S/T is a great place to snag some deals on secondhand parts if you're patient.

Last edited:
welcome.gif
to the Forum....
Don't forget to read the FAQs...the Stickies
and the Forum Rules..
http://laserpointerforums.com/tou.htm

If you plan on buying anything on the Forum....
PLEASE read this first...

6 Steps To Prevent You From Getting Scammed

and PLEASE don't forget to read to this....

39 Reasons NOT to Buy From Wicked Lasers

If you do get a Laser or already have one be sure
to get appropriate Laser Safety Goggles/Glasses...

Get Some Safety Goggles Now!

Don't forget to put your location in your Sig so that
we know where you are from.

Enjoy your stay...

Jerry

You can contact us at any time through our Website: J.BAUER Electronics

WELCOME S.F.

Too late for you to run away- ha ha

Jerry always provides newcomers with lots of great links-

if you cant find answers in search and a change of terms still gets no results just PM me or another vet for advice- there are very few Qs that have not already been asked and answered--we will save you from some face-palming...

The best and safest deals are usually from Vets here- or companies with good rep.

Too many come here and ask about a company AFTER they have already ordered or worse.

For building tutorials you can't go wrong with those by DTR same goes for supplies- DTR has never let anyone down.

Check the dates before you add a post to a thread- if its an old thread you may be wasting your/our time. try to double post as little as possible--- use the edit to add new stuff to your last post.

and last advice-- start planning NOW to attend SELEM- mid Aug. in Newton NC--

Its not an expensive affair if you are smart and plan ahead. You will want to attend every one after you go just once.-- hard too describe what all happens- just go and you will see why LEMs have their own special addiction.
Those of us who must travel thousands of miles to make SELEM would love to be living In Raleigh..... if you need tips on making LEMs affordable just ask- I think I have all the answers.

enjoy the forums Len in TX