Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

New member here! I have a quick driver question

Hello guys! I'm new to the high power laser scene but I have been watching KipKay for years! Anyway I have a 150mW 405nm laser that I purchased in a soldering kit on eBay. I'm looking to make more 405nm and possible 650nm in a nice host. What driver circuit would you guys recommend for each I know they require different currents. Thanks!

You need to provide more information. It depends on what diode you use, how strong you want it... Also everyone here hates kipkay

Hello guys! I'm new to the high power laser scene but I have been watching KipKay for years! Anyway I have a 150mW 405nm laser that I purchased in a soldering kit on eBay. I'm looking to make more 405nm and possible 650nm in a nice host. What driver circuit would you guys recommend for each I know they require different currents. Thanks!

Kipkay is looked down upon on this forum haha! Get a flexdrive. Youll need a test load and multimeter in order to set the current on the driver.

Why does everyone hate him here? Haha also it's a 150mW 405nm diode (maybe 100mW) and 180mW 650nm (maybe 200mW) diode just looking to make a reliable lower high power laser. Where would you recommend I get the flex drives?

Because he gives away high powered lasers to kids, doesn't tell his viewers about proper laser safety, and some of his DIY videos are wrong like that one with his red laser flashlight which didn't utilize a driver. I think flaminpyro sells them try contacting him. If not, contact Lazeerer, he has drivers for everything.

Oh cool thanks! I'm really thinking about rolling out a series of C6 host lasers that use 16.8mm circular drivers. The only problem I'm having is whether to power with two C123A or one 16850 battery and I kind of want to limit the amount of drivers I need to maybe two.. One for 150mW 405nm and 180mW 650nm and the other for 1W and 2W 445nm. Sorry guys I'm very new to lasers and want to learn and input would be great :)

Why does everyone hate him here? Haha also it's a 150mW 405nm diode (maybe 100mW) and 180mW 650nm (maybe 200mW) diode just looking to make a reliable lower high power laser. Where would you recommend I get the flex drives?

He also came in this forum talking trash and pretending to be the smartass and knowing everything about lasers. :tsk:

I will definitely check out those links thanks! I have been wonder something though... Are drivers made for specific wavelengths or is that dictated by its current adjustability?

Blord

I will definitely check out those links thanks! I have been wonder something though... Are drivers made for specific wavelengths or is that dictated by its current adjustability?

That is independent. The laser diodes need specific current to operate and the driver will provide that current. The driver has several options where to draw the current ie from one or two li-ion cells. That depends on the type of driver.

Ahhh okay. And that has to do with the drivers specs for input voltage and current?