Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

New member from Massachusetts :)

hey guys im a bit of a noob when it comes to lasers , im really interested in getting involved with them and the community, right now im looking to make my first purchase im looking to spend around 300-400 on a handheld laser, preferably a green or blue one, any suggestions would be much appreciated thanks!-Brendan

Might help to hear a bit more about your background and if you have goggles? -GH

Welcome to the forums!

If you plan on buying a laser in that price range, make sure to get goggles!

What do you want to do with a laser? Is this for burning? Stargazing? Something else?

For green lasers, LAZERER :: Trustful Asian Laser Source - Power Certificate for all Laser Pointer | Red Green Blue Laser Module| is a good retailer.

For blue "fryers", both Survival Laser (Garoq - Survival Laser Home) and Yob's builds (B/S/T section) are both respected quality 445nm laser sellers.

You'll need laser glasses, the Eagle Pair ones that Survival Laser sells are some of the best for 445nm usage.

Last edited:
Welcome to the forums!

If you plan on buying a laser in that price range, make sure to get goggles!

What do you want to do with a laser? Is this for burning? Stargazing? Something else?

For green lasers, LAZERER :: Trustful Asian Laser Source - Power Certificate for all Laser Pointer | Red Green Blue Laser Module| is a good retailer.

For blue "fryers", both Survival Laser (Garoq - Survival Laser Home) and Yob's builds (B/S/T section) are both respected quality 445nm laser sellers.

You'll need laser glasses, the Eagle Pair ones that Survival Laser sells are some of the best for 445nm usage.
Thanks! , il probably be mainly using it for some star gazing haha , i figure in the winter snow storms it will probably look pretty cool, ive noticed that green lasers are more expensive as opposed to blue is there a specific reason for this? or just demand?

Just ordered the 400mw green laser from lazerer :D

Make sure to post a review when you get it! I'd love to see some beamshots ;).

Man, this hobby is the most expensive one I've ever gotten into... I've already sunk over $400 into it, and with my rather large list of stuff I need/want, I'll end up spending thousands...

Last edited:
Make sure to post a review when you get it! I'd love to see some beamshots ;).

Man, this hobby is the most expensive one I've ever gotten into... I've already sunk over $400 into it, and with my rather large list of stuff I need/want, I'll end up spending thousands...

dont get me started on how much i want :evil::evil::evil:

thousands ha put me down for millions
:crackup::crackup:

dont get me started on how much i want :evil::evil::evil:

thousands ha put me down for millions
:crackup::crackup:

Hey... I just want a LPM ($140), a nice adjustable power supply ($80), anti-red laser glasses ($45), a c6 host+heatsink+driver+red diode ($75-$200 depending on power), a nice 300mw+ handheld greenie ($150-$300), some misc tools and parts ($10-$100), a saik host+driver+heatsink+405nm diode ($100-$200 depending on power), a low power green labby from DX "200mw" module ($50+), a phatlight build ($50-$150) and a bunch of other stuff...

That's about it :D.

(to start O_O)

Last edited:
Hey... I just want a LPM ($140), a nice adjustable power supply ($80), anti-red laser glasses ($45), a c6 host+heatsink+driver+red diode ($75-$200 depending on power), a nice 300mw+ handheld greenie ($150-$300), some misc tools and parts ($10-$100), a saik host+driver+heatsink+405nm diode ($100-$200 depending on power), a low power green labby from DX "200mw" module ($50+), a phatlight build ($50-$150) and a bunch of other stuff...

That's about it :D.

(to start O_O)

multiline argon 400-500 power supply like yours 80 soldering station 150 my projector build eh 500-800 1w meirlight green labby 100mw 473nm i dont want to know the price white fusion kit and all parts 300-400 the list goes on.........

multiline argon 400-500 power supply like yours 80 soldering station 150 my projector build eh 500-800 1w meirlight green labby 100mw 473nm i dont want to know the price white fusion kit and all parts 300-400 the list goes on.........

At least I already have a soldiering iron :D.

I *do* already have 2 power supplies, but I need one that I can do manual voltage/amperage adjustments on.

hahah i have a soldering iron and i use it and abuse it :eg: but it cost 12$ from radioshack. how did you think i made my 2 lasers :crackup::crackup::crackup:

fine ill admit it my connections were made with electrical tape:crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup: J/K

and ik what you mean as far as the bench psu goes

It used to be way more expensive. Laser prices have come down, especially the greens. And there are more options for parts now, so prices came down, and we have more build options.

As early as last year we were trying to push 6X Blu-Rays over 200mW at a cost of a few hundred dollars for a finished laser. Now you can build a >1W for under $100.

Thanks! , il probably be mainly using it for some star gazing haha , i figure in the winter snow storms it will probably look pretty cool, ive noticed that green lasers are more expensive as opposed to blue is there a specific reason for this? or just demand?

greens are much more complex to make. they need crystals, a pump diode and electronics. and as the output power goes up so does the cost of the materials and labor to assemble one.

Last edited: