Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

New Member from America!

jaybob

Hello everyone, i've been reading LPF for a while now and figured i'd finally create an account. I'm from florida for anyone who's wondering, and hope to begin building lasers soon. Currently the only two lasers i have are a 1 mw red lab laser, and a horrifically underspec "100" mw laser i purchased on amazon. Can't wait to learn from and build with you all!

Cheers,
Jordan

Welcome we have lots of great members in Fl.

BTW....................the USA does not
'own' the name 'America'- from Alaska to the tip of South America is inhabited by 'Americans'... my 2 cents. not a big deal-- I do get a tad pissed off when I hear someone say that people from other parts of the world need to learn to speak 'American'.

welcome.gif
to the Forum....
Don't forget to read the FAQs...the Stickies
and the Forum Rules..

If your are planning to buy anything on the
Forum.... PLEASE read this first...

6 Steps To Prevent You From Getting Scammed

Enjoy your stay...

Jerry

jaybob

I apologize hakzaw, but if im in florida, and florida is in the USA, and the USA is in America... then i am in America, no? :thinking:

@Tech Junkie, Im scottish by family actually, but its really more just because i like the word! ^.^, if you ever get back on this thread, just thought I'd mention that i've read quite a few of your posts and you seem to be quite the laser expert! Thanks for your work on the forum and i truelly hope i don't piss you off with any of the Noob questions i'm sure that i'll be asking!

@laserbee, don't worry, i've already read through every one of those, way too early in my laser career to be pissing off the vets! (except for hakzaw a little bit... :whistle: )

Cheers,
Jordan

Hey Jordan....

It's not a big deal... I knew what you meant when
I saw in your Profile that you were from Florida...

I think what Hak was trying to say was...

You're Title states that you are from a place called
America.... and there is a South and North America..

I too am from America... North America..... from the
country of Canada...;)

If for instance your title said you were from the USA
there would not have been any ambiguity...

Like I said it's not a big deal...

Enjoy the Forum...

Jerry

Last edited:
@Tech Junkie, Im scottish by family actually, but its really more just because i like the word! ^.^, if you ever get back on this thread, just thought I'd mention that i've read quite a few of your posts and you seem to be quite the laser expert! Thanks for your work on the forum and i truelly hope i don't piss you off with any of the Noob questions i'm sure that i'll be asking!

Laser expert.....no. I just hang around to give people a hard time. :eg: