Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

New laser very dim

Tyetan

So i just got a new laser and put a new battery in and it is extremely dim. Like i thought the laser was actually broken it was that dim until i noticed a faint dot. I bought an efest 18350 battery and efest luc mini charger brand new and charged the battery like it said. Was odd it didnt seem to take long to charge but wasnt sure. Tried charging the battery for a few hours and no change.

I only have the one laser i got today that fits this battery and only the one battery and one charger so cant test to see which one is the problem. Does anyone else have any ideas as t what might be the culprit? Im happy to buy a new charger etc if it is that that is broken but dont want to buy something if i dont have to.

Hopefully ive given you guys enough info and someone has an idea. Oh and its suppose to be a 100mW+ laser so dont think it would be that dim i wasnt sure it was working

Giannis_TDM

Yea as Rich said giving us some info about it like its color and some pictures.

WHERE did you buy it?
IF it was alibaba or ali express[[[duh]]]
Most from them are Ail CaCa..

LOTS of posts here about where to buy and where not.
We cannot force you to read.. good luck....hak in TX

edit/update
WE really like all our new members--especially one living nearby.
BUT your ocation is not in yr profile and you did NOT make an 'intro' post in our WELCOME section. Put your location (General is fine) in the title of the intro I hope you will make-needs also to bein your profile-where we can see it by going there OR just mousing over your username ok??
I HIGHLY suggest that in its title include your general location. many here visit the section daily.
And If I see TEXAS- I PM to give personal welcome- I invite them to PM any 'locals' to meet in person--many now own LPMs- and they never ask for anything--its free.
Hands-on help is always better. W/o knowing you we cannot invite to to attend a local Laser Meet-- called LEMs- these are awesome events-some lasting days--(SELEM is the USA biggest)
search SELEM Laser and see the vids and posts---or dont--sa'll good either way==

IF any of this is confusing just PM any Vet.
hak TEXAS!!

Last edited:

Tyetan

Its a 488nm around 100mW and i hadnt posted where i bought it from because i didnt want to "run them down" until i worked out what the problem was and i gave them a chance to fix it. I have been in contact with the seller and i will post it back today for them to look at.

And in reply to Hak, im from Australia so i dont have a lot of others around me to help out etc lol

Encap

Its a 488nm around 100mW and i hadnt posted where i bought it from because i didnt want to "run them down" until i worked out what the problem was and i gave them a chance to fix it. I have been in contact with the seller and i will post it back today for them to look at.

And in reply to Hak, im from Australia so i dont have a lot of others around me to help out etc lol

Good move--return it for repair, replacement, or refund.

Would guess it is same as this one from Seller in Wuhan China of recent fame---is the only make out there listing 1 X 18350 battery
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Waterproof...744378?hash=item1f0dfe203a:g:RwMAAOSwjmheiDAP

Reactions: GSS

bertha

WHERE did you buy it?
IF it was alibaba or ali express[[[duh]]]
Most from them are Ail CaCa..

LOTS of posts here about where to buy and where not.
We cannot force you to read.. good luck....hak in TX

edit/update
WE really like all our new members--especially one living nearby.
BUT your ocation is not in yr profile and you did NOT make an 'intro' post in our WELCOME section. Put your location (General is fine) in the title of the intro I hope you will make-needs also to bein your profile-where we can see it by going there OR just mousing over your username ok??
I HIGHLY suggest that in its title include your general location. many here visit the section daily.
And If I see TEXAS- I PM to give personal welcome- I invite them to PM any 'locals' to meet in person--many now own LPMs- and they never ask for anything--its free.
Hands-on help is always better. W/o knowing you we cannot invite to to attend a local Laser Meet-- called LEMs- these are awesome events-some lasting days--(SELEM is the USA biggest)
search SELEM Laser and see the vids and posts---or dont--sa'll good either way==

IF any of this is confusing just PM any Vet.
hak TEXAS!!
+1
o.png