Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

NEW LASER SUPPLIER! Lasever

Actually I didn's notice that "PL" on the end of the model number in numquamretro's first post. The modules I have are LSR532H, so they are the full module with TEC cooling. I would expect that the "PL" line would also have the same kind of overpec output, but not owning them personally I can't say for sure. They would be perfect for handhelds..

Last edited:
Actually I didn's notice that "PL" on the end of the model number in numquamretro's first post. The modules I have are LSR532H, so they are the full module with TEC cooling. I would expect that the "PL" line would also have the same kind of overpec output also, but not owning them personally I can't say for sure. They would be perfect for handhelds..

Exactly. I just hope it won´t drop too much after a longer runtime without TEC. And yes, it is for a handheld :can:

I will do a review as soon i can test it.

D

Deleted member 16589

We need to do a group buy. I want their power supply model LSR-PS-NI but I only want it at there group buy price.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think a group buy from these guys would be very good. I'll take a high powered greenie anyday! Their PBS cubes are also fairly priced.

D

Deleted member 16589

IIRC Lasever has an Account on the forum I wander if they will give us a price list

oh man... why does shipping always take so long if you want the item so bad? :gun:

Last edited:

Ezcal

I'd love a look ZRaffleticket, if you don't mind... I'm in the market for a 473, and Lasever seems to be a great place to buy from. I'd also be down for a group buy.

Yesterday i got the module. It came within 3! days when shipped, which is pretty fast from China.
It was absolutely safely packed and a lens plus IR filter was included.
But for the first tests, i am a little disapointed.
Did not measure the power yet, but compared to my Firedragon 3 with claimed 500mw its much brighter. So the power should be ok.
The thing that irritates me is the mode. I took some pics. For me its a clear TEM01 mode. What do you thinK? Send it back and get another one?

Chris

Attachments

• DSC02708.JPG
    DSC02708.JPG
    81.9 KB · Views: 141
  • DSC02712.JPG
    DSC02712.JPG
    81.4 KB · Views: 146
  • DSC02713.JPG
    DSC02713.JPG
    78.5 KB · Views: 134
  • DSC02715.JPG
    DSC02715.JPG
    83.2 KB · Views: 182
Last edited:
How long are you waiting before you take those pics? That is TEM01, but it's business as usual for DPSS lasers to be unstable when they're cold, becoming more and more stable as they warm up. I'd run the laser for a few minutes and see if that mode doesn't pop back into something that resembles TEM00. Most of the time when you're dealing with inexpensive DPSS green lasers over 500mW the beam quality will never be perfect, but it does usually consolidate into one beam.

Last edited:
How long are you waiting before you take those pics? That is TEM01, but it's business as usual for DPSS lasers to be unstable when they're cold, becoming more and more stable as they warm up. I'd run the laser for a few minutes and see if that mode doesn't pop back into something that resembles TEM00. Most of the time when you're dealing with inexpensive DPSS green lasers over 500mW the beam quality will never be perfect, but it does usually consolidate into one beam.

Thanks for your information! I just ran it for max. 30sec. since the driver got pretty hot. I need to attach a cooling before doing a duration run. hopefully you are right. How ist it with your modules? Do you get the same TEM in the warming-up period?
I also observed a oval shape of the dot. Is this also a symptom that disapears when running a while?

For the power: just amazing 8) Just lighted a match from about 5 meters away in seconds... with focus set to infinite :)

Thanks for your information! I just ran it for max. 30sec. since the driver got pretty hot. I need to attach a cooling before doing a duration run. hopefully you are right. How ist it with your modules? Do you get the same TEM in the warming-up period?
I also observed a oval shape of the dot. Is this also a symptom that disapears when running a while?

For the power: just amazing 8) Just lighted a match from about 5 meters away in seconds... with focus set to infinite :)

All of the beams on my class 4 greens are technically multimode not singlemode. The spots are not a clean singlemode TEM00 at any time. Since mine are always run under modulation (being turned on and off rapidly) instead of continuous output like handheld lasers their characteristics are different, but the beam profile is never 100% stable on any of them. It's just the price you pay for inexpensive power. For average hobbyists and all laser shows there is no real need for perfect beams though..

Also, being TEC cooled helps show modules like mine stay more stable than passively cooled modules.

Here's an example of a typical profile for my lasers:
1743-cimg1991.jpg

You can see that the spot is round, but the power distribution across the spot is uneven, with hot and cold spots. Yours should be similar to this once it warms up and stabilizes.

An oval profile isn't a problem at all, but if the beam profile never consolidates, remaining clearly separate beams even after warmup then you have a warranty claim. It should be noted that modules like yours used in handhelds have duty cycles (the length of time you can run the laser between cool-off periods) so I wouldn't run it much more than a couple minutes at a time. After a few 2-3 min. runs the crystals inside the laser should be nearing their optimum temperature, so your "warm-up" would consist of several 2-3 minute runs separated by 2-3 min. of off time. My show lasers aren't guaranteed to be at peak stability until after 15 minutes of run time.

Last edited:
Reactions: ped

ped

^ That's a good explanation.

I have a high power handheld that the "inside" goes nuts, yet stays circular.