Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

New Laser Information site [Live!]

Maybe a bit late but there is already a laser-wiki laser-wiki link

Your site is very nice :) Especially for the short time you needed for that!

Would be nice If you could upload some of your articles also to laser-wiki and combine the knowledge :beer:

I checked the website out and it looks pretty good! :p

Although some mistakes which I found (someone correct me if im wrong, not trying to spread false info):
Laser Colors and Wavelengths

- You don't need 5mW of 532nm/660nm to be able to see the dot, 1mW will still be visible.

- You don't need 30mW of 532nm to be able to see a beam in the dark. Hec, even a 5mW 532nm has a somewhat visible beam.

- 150mW of 532nm won't have a visible beam in daylight. My *used-to-have* 500mW PL-E PRO 500mW beam's was impossible to see during the day.

- On the part where you mentioned 50mW of 445nm is required to see the dot...is 50mW of 445nm even possible? Lowest I have seen in that wavelength is 500mW (most likely wrong on this one, just making sure).

Will edit if I find more. I hope you don't take offense to this, just trying to make the website as accurate as possible :)

Last edited:
- 150mW of 532nm won't have a visible beam in daylight. My *used-to-have* 500mW PL-E PRO 500mW beam's was impossible to see during the day.

Depends. On a sunny day yes you'd be lucky to see the beam of anything handheld. With cloud cover though you can see a beam. I can see the beam of both my 532 and my 445 by "looking down the laser". They're not even that hard to see and it shows up well in photographs. If your "500mW" couldn't be seen even in these conditions there was something wrong with it.

It's really strange seeing a laser beam during daytime though, I can only imagine the brain spazzes out and tries to tell you that what your eyes are seeing isn't rational and shouldn't really be there. Green during daytime looks a bit yellowish to me and 445nm is more like 405, a lovely translucent indigo-blue almost water like property to it.

On the part where you mentioned 50mW of 445nm is required to see the dot...is 50mW of 445nm even possible?

It would appear so... but the price isn't worth it unless you're just collecting: LP 450nm 1-80

Last edited:
Depends. On a sunny day yes you'd be lucky to see the beam of anything handheld. With cloud cover though you can see a beam. I can see the beam of both my 532 and my 445 by "looking down the laser". They're not even that hard to see and it shows up well in photographs. If your "500mW" couldn't be seen even in these conditions there was something wrong with it.

- On the part where you mentioned 50mW of 445nm is required to see the dot...is 50mW of 445nm even possible?

Agree with you on the first part. I could only see the beam of the PL-E while "looking down the laser" on a very sunny day. That being said, if I walked away by only a couple feet, the beam would completely disappear :(

It would appear so... but the price isn't worth it unless you're just collecting: LP 450nm 1-80

And the laser you linked me to is 450nm, not 445nm ;)

Last edited:
I always thought 445 and 450 were actually the same thing and it was just an interchange of terms because hard pushed 445s can often be nearer to 450. Blame this on the fact that my *445nm* 1.6W blue is marked as 450 on the sticker, misleading gits.

I always thought 445 and 450 were actually the same thing and it was just an interchange of terms because hard pushed 445s can often be nearer to 450. Blame this on the fact that my *445nm* 1.6W blue is marked as 450 on the sticker, misleading gits.

I wouldn't know. Still a laser noob right here :D

But I will say I have also heard of some laser changing wavelength's depending on how they were pushed(as you mentioned), so they may in-fact be the same.

Last edited:
Regarding the 50mW 445nm, you could use a beam splitter to make a bunch of lower powered ones :p

Also, I changed the 5mW green dot to 1-5mW.

Thanks for all the feedback guys :D

You have the trusted and untrusted sites all F'd up, SMH
Could you assist me in what I did/thought wrong?

Yellow link in my signature.........already plenty of these type of posts or sites

Exactly Livinloud----no need to reinvent the wheel.

I don't want to reinvent the wheel. I want to make it prettier.

My goal is to make easy-to-understand information that normal people can comprehend in a way that doesn't market the reader.

If you can't read my page easily then idk how much dumber I can make it. That is the reason it is stickied, mods thought it was a great source of info that was easy to read........btw the wheel has been the same for thousands of years, you can't make it any better unless you invent a flying wheel

I don't want to reinvent the wheel. I want to make it prettier.

My goal is to make easy-to-understand information that normal people can comprehend in a way that doesn't market the reader.

Some of my thoughts on the current website format below:

I think the current website layout is just fine. I had no problem navigating the website, and found any information I was looking for in only a matter of seconds.

That being said,
Some of the information on the website may have some slight errors(which we will help fix), but overall, you are doing a great job with the site! :D

Last edited:
I've added around 5 more pages. If you find anything offensive or false, please contact me. Nothing on the site was intended to be purposely wrong.

I love the new pages! :D

Quick fixes though:
Green Laser Pointers
Your paragraph is as follows:
A 100mW green laser pointer is optimal for the average hobbyist. Since 445nm and 660nm are used for burning, 555nm is used for pointing and you won't notice too much of a brightness difference above 100mW. If you don't know what these numbers mean, check out my Color page where you will learn a lot more.

I think you made a typo with 555nm haha, 532nm is used for pointing.