Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

New Laser Information site [Live!]

I am in the process of creating a website dedicated for the laser noobs. Ive been learning HTML, CSS and some PHP the past few weeks and decided to help others. This site will have tons of easily comprehendable information. I will have laws, Sites to buy lasers, Laser facts, eye safety and tons of pictures! I have an extremely simple version on a cheap domain and plan to launch it next week.

If you have any suggestions, please post them here!

The Site is now up and running!

I'll be adding more articles and beefing up the content on the current pages in the next 2 weeks. Here is the site: Laser Information

If you know any more terminology, just post the words here (definitions too, if your'e feeling up to it)

Thanks for your help :D

Last edited:

Re: New Laser Information site

I have bookmarked this and will return soon more about it thank you.

I'm just wondering why this post has so many views o_O

glcon

I would like you to make a section for building lasers, tutorials and stuff. As you say, it must be noob-friendly and you must try to add everything we need to make a laser, Test loads, batteries, drivers blah blah for newbies.

glcon

I'm just wondering why this post has so many views o_O

Because it could be worth it. Don't fail to surprise all those viewers, make it like no one did it. It's a challenge for you.

Last edited:

Because it could be worth it. Don't fail to surprise all those viewers, make it like no one did it. It's a challenge for you.

A laser wiki might be a good idea.

Last edited:

Also, it is just me or is there a gigantic advertisement to a page that doesn't exist at the top of every LPF page?

I would love to see your website, could you PM me with it just click on my name to the left and then click the option that says send a PM :)

I'm looking forward to seeing it :)

:beer:
-Matt

People need to stop complaining about the ads. If you dont like it install an ad blocker. Those ads you hate so much PAY for the hosting of this site so without them there is NO LPF! Avery has said this many times so of you don't like them then you could donate the $500/month to pay for the site and they will be removed. Heck you could probably replace them with your name and brag about it, doesn't sound reasonable? That's what I thought...........

There is a donate page for a reason, web hosting isn't free. Majority of us donate when we can, new members don't know the importance of theae ads or donating. This has all been discussed many times

Last edited:

People need to stop complaining about the ads. If you dont like it install an ad blocker. Those ads you hate so much PAY for the hosting of this site so without them there is NO LPF! Avery has said this many times so of you don't like them then you could donate the $500/month to pay for the site and they will be removed. Heck you could probably replace them with your name and brag about it, doesn't sound reasonable? That's what I thought...........

There is a donate page for a reason, web hosting isn't free. Majority of us donate when we can, new members don't know the importance of theae ads or donating. This has all been discussed many times

Just from the (5443 Viewing) on the General section alone, if Avery (or the site owner) isn't making an easy $500 a month, something's probably wrong. I'm not bashing Avery, I'm just saying those flashy ads to a destination that isn't available could ward off future members. That's just from my point of view though, Avery's is doing something right with that amount of visitors and the success of this wonderful Forum.

Last edited:

The members online is a fake number. Unless you press log off you are always kept online. I am logges on my phone, home and work pc. About no one actually clicks log out so thus the number is fake. This also attracts more people to pay for ads since the site looks more active than it is........also is being discussed in another thread.......you might be an old member but I'm sorry doesn't seem like you know the workings of this place. Might want to do some thread searching and read up since there has been much discussion lately

The members online is a fake number. Unless you press log off you are always kept online. I am logges on my phone, home and work pc. About no one actually clicks log out so thus the number is fake. This also attracts more people to pay for ads since the site looks more active than it is........also is being discussed in another thread.......you might be an old member but I'm sorry doesn't seem like you know the workings of this place. Might want to do some thread searching and read up since there has been much discussion lately

Ok, Thanks. I shall shame myself in the corner :cryyy:

Roam

I've forgot the name but I believe there is already a wiki that covers most aspects of the lasers and photonics, but it has a scientific and engineering approach rather than hobbyist.

I'm done with the first 7 pages of the site. Currently, I've got 14 words in the Terminology section. I hope I help someone learn!