Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

New laser company???

Switch

Well I must say that I don't like the design of their website, but it is A LOT better than those chinese resellers.Still 755 bucks for a 300mW greenie doesn't sound right....It's too good to be true.

I must agree... surprising lack of engrish.
Someone offer to review one! I would but im absolutely flat broke at the moment :(

I agree, especially because they use the same "greenie lighting a match" image on their site that SKY uses on theirs.

The e-commerce shop is based in the UK though, so who knows where they are?

Cheers, CC

drlava

definitely looks like a skylaser reseller. Funny names, too. 'sorch'?
Wonder who it is! whois doesn't provide any useful info. Also, they don't mention anything about shipping times, so the assumption is that the laser is built and then drop shipped from China.

They are one of the few companies that sell high powered reds.

I do like the look of them, although no one has bought one yet. I mean when they say there is a warranty, they cant be lying, right? I mean worst case is it doest work at all, so you return it for a full refund, which would take a few weeks for shipping, and a few dollars for shipping.

I really like the look of the 2 watt IR, although idk how thats possible.... All of their products LOOK good, but how they perform is a different thing.

I might have to try them out, Ill see which one im going for after i see how much money i have to spend.

laserterd, whats so amazing about a 2 watt IR? Just put a bigger diode in there...
someone email them about a review unit.

BlueFusion said:
someone email them about a review unit.

I did.

And about the 2w IR its just because its quite small, and runs only off of one battery, so the battery time doesnt seem like it would be too great.

I have already contacted them and I am going to review the 250mw green model. Should be cool, I can always return it if its junk. I am getting my power meter soon so should be good.

laserterd said:
I have already contacted them and I am going to review the 250mw green model. Should be cool, I can always return it if its junk. I am getting my power meter soon so should be good.

How was their customer service?

abadcaffeinetrip said:
Nice! I'm curious at how this turns out. I've been casually looking at higher power reds before and they are one of the few that carry them (even if they don't manufacture them...)

Well im not buying the red, but yeah i agree. It would be nice to see how it would perform.

And spyro, they replied enthusiastically within 1 hour, so lookin good so far.

Im hoping that I can buy it (the 250mw green) by this weekend, and they said that it should get to me about 1 to 1 and a half weeks after i press "purchase", which isnt that bad. 7 to 11 days for a powerful green laser!

Well I also just sent them an email about the 1000mw ( 1watt ) ir @ 808nm, and am awaiting an answer, but am probabbly going to purchase within the next 24 hrs. Heck, that kind of a warranty and a power graph cert, at that price you can't go wrong, if it doesn't work oh well, covered by warranty, but if it does, and I think it will. DANG what a score!!!! oh yeah it's also focusable, so 1000mw focusable, ya, a bit of burning power. ;D ;D ;D ;D

Ok well these guys get an A+ in customer service, gmail chat customer service works for me. Instant answers, and they are on all the time to answer any of your questions. I bought the Blazer IR-1000 and the shipping time to my door in California is 3-4 weeks roughly. So a bit of a wait, but will do a full review of the laser when it gets here. These guys answer any and all of your questions and they know what they are talking about, not just some second hand resellers, they are proud of the lasers they sell and will guarantee the power output as well as the 12 month warranty on the actual laser itself. So far so good, now comes the hard part.............waiting. ;D

-Chris