Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

New Laser "Beam?" Show?

Hey guys

I just finished programming a simple beam show to go along with a graphics show I've had around for a while. That show has content from Pangolin, Prismatic Magic, and custom work on my end. The beam show is programmed using custom events in beyond (mostly parametric images and shapes) and I'm still experimenting with projector positioning so I'm not entirely sure how to feel about this rig. It's actually my first three projector-beam show and I learned a lot about composition through making it. I do feel like I should have just programmed it as a full-on beam show as I get the sense that the beams compete with the graphics and vise versa, but overall I think it turned out okay. What do you think?

Snecho

That... is one of the coolest things I have ever seen in my life.

I have only fantasized about doing a visual composition to some incredible songs. Just wow. I would be In awe if I saw this show, as would anyone else.

That... is one of the coolest things I have ever seen in my life.

I have only fantasized about doing a visual composition to some incredible songs. Just wow. I would be In awe if I saw this show, as would anyone else.
Thanks! The funny thing is that I can't actually watch the show in person as I do not have the right equipment and variance for audience scanning shows. The beam effects could be projected overhead though without too much compromise on the "coolness" factor. Also, what "incredible" songs are on your mind? Perhaps they overlap with my future plans for shows.

Snecho

Thanks! The funny thing is that I can't actually watch the show in person as I do not have the right equipment and variance for audience scanning shows. The beam effects could be projected overhead though without too much compromise on the "coolness" factor. Also, what "incredible" songs are on your mind? Perhaps they overlap with my future plans for shows.
Not really any popular ones worth mentioning. Not a specific one either, just random ones. Just wouldn't even know if the kinds that would well for a show.