Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

new kits

check them out here: http://laserpointerforums.com/f39/fs-pailide-laser-kit-41596.html

alright i decided to start with the following host first....
after a whle i will branch onto others while still selling these...
eventually i would like to get up a nice selection of kits available...

This host will use a lava flex drive, with a ??? (3.6v AA sized battery)

With custom heatsink, Basicly, every host will come ready and prepared to have a module, similiar to whatsupadrian's kit, you'll just have the two wire coming out ready to be soldered to the diode.

I'd also like to find some hosts that i can use rckstr's driver in, since being able to use his instead of the flex drive will lower the price of the kit by around $20

This kit will end up being around $65 shipped in the USA, which means for around $78 dollars you can build a complete laser.

thats why i want to get a host that is compatible with rkcstr's micro-drive, i'd be able to offer up a kit for around $45, so people could have a complete laser for around $60

Attachments

• host3.jpg
    host3.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 131
  • host3-1.jpg
    host3-1.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 142
  • newhost1.JPG
    newhost1.JPG
    50.3 KB · Views: 124
  • newhost2.JPG
    newhost2.JPG
    60.9 KB · Views: 103
Last edited:

I put a post in the deals and discounts about this host and heatsink, both for under $5.00.For the heatsink i went to Ace hardware and bought an aluminum collar for making loops on the ends of small cable and milled it out to 12mm. I was also able to use a rockstar driver with a 7.5 volt photo battery. My post shows the laser fully disasembled.

yeah it will come with a custom heatsink from machined aluminum, driver will be included too, all you'll need is a diode pressed in a module to put in it.

k1kb0t

Nice Mo, I like this host. I will be ordering one of these in the near future.

Jon

first two are in KC right now, so i'll either get them monday or tuesday....as soon as dx refunds my order i'll order the flex drives for it and bring the host to my machinist....and hopefully have a finished product sometime next week.

i got the flashlights yesterday and ordered the flex drives this morning. friday i will prob go to the machinist.

i got them yesterday, added two new pictures. they are smaller than i imagined.
They are going to make great hosts..

looks great!
i will get one in the near future
or maybe wait until you come up with green module versions :D

i'm going to try to get to the machinist after work (if he will wait for me)
and hopefully the flex drives i ordered will get here soon...i'm excited about these hosts.

is that a complete flashlight if so how many lumans ???
i was liking the looks of it i kinda collect flashlights too lol

um...i think it's somewhere around 15 or 20 lumens....it doesn't come with those cool cree LED's, just one of those crappy LED's you find in those cheap 9 led flashlights...

anywho, i dropped one off at the machinist, he's going to shoot out 25-30 heatsinks for me....

i also have batteries on their way EMS from bestoffer buy...

i only bought 2 flex drives though lol, those things are expensive. I'll just have to order more flex drives when i sell the first two kits.

and they each even get their very own gift box....how cute.