Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

New(ish) 405 5.6 diode.. 350mW to 1500mW-share your build.

For the 405 lovers...
GH04W10A2GC+
GH04W10A2GC
Mar.13,2015
ELECTRONIC COMPONENTS AND DEVICES GROUP
SYSTEM DEVICE DIVISION III
Development Dept.,Ⅰ
Lighting Device Division
Electronic Components And Devices Group
SHARP CORPORATION
DRAFT

Heard these have been around before but perhaps the source dried up.. available as diode only -or w/ G2 lens-- and w/ or w/o driver \
or all in the module. Not hard to harvest the parts..

Multi-Mode 5.6 mm

spec sheet
https://www.laserdiodesource.com/fi...rp_Blue_Laser_Diode_Data_Sheet-1520626165.pdf

Prices (from me)ATM ONLY by PMs.. this 'Thread' is for building..

_____________here is the other 405/1500 thread... 'mine' is a 'continuation'
https://laserpointerforums.com/threads/1-5w-405nm.103518/page-2

may have found a build from 2014... 414nm >1.5 W--hmmmm
back with link. (If I can find the thread ) >(@.@)<

Last edited:

Interesting data sheet. I had no idea these were only rated to run 350 mW CW. One person claimed to have one outputting 1.6 watts which is more than 4.5 times as much as it is rated for. Unlike the single mode BDR-209, these seem to be more forgiving of being over driven so hard. I would call them a violet diode instead of purple as that is a color that doesn't exist except for combining red and blue together.

I think it isn't new diode,i see it 2 years ago and i have some build for it,i suggest max current is 1A,it is good for this diode
Beam is sames 1.6w 450nm(pltb450b)

JT Test result on this diode can be found on JT site. Roll back appears to be around 1.44A =1.9W so this diode can be pushed quite a bit.....keep it to short run times for now. At least until someone can do a kill test.

You should start using copper modules instead of the plated brass ones. They have some TO-18 copper modules on eBay three for $9.00, I think on Techhood's site.

My advice : do not by cheap copper modules!
To play with Ushio red LDs I recently have bought 8 cheap 9mm red-copper modules from ebay (techhood maybe) 7 or 8 usd each.

Among these 8 only 2 were OK, 6 others either had M9 thread too tight (and dirty or apparently oxidized) for G-2 to enter or LD slot was too small for 9mm LDs to pass in.
Since then I only ordered brass mounts from LSP - their finishing is much more precise.

Attachments

• 22.jpg
    22.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 13
Reactions: DTR
Those cube modules are not at all like the 12 mm modules that are three for $9.00. I have some copper cubes for both TO-18 and TO-5 diodes. But all of mine work fine. I don't remember who I bought mine from as it has been several months since I received them.

I tested some red copper square modules ( not cheap ) they were around 10 dollars each, I tested them tightly attached to a copper slab and they don't move heat worth a dam ( diode seat stinks ) and also tested those black aluminum modules with the brass inner module and crummy little fan on the back and they are crap at moving heat, the copper modules DTR sells are good and the LSP brass square mount works but the Chinese stuff has been a real disappointment/waste for the high output diodes.

DTR

6 others either had M9 thread too tight (and dirty or apparently oxidized) for G-2 to enter or LD slot was too small for 9mm LDs to pass in.

In china copper demand is higher than the ability to produce or import and very commonly sold and bought by high volume low cost machine shops is whats called ultra low grade copper is used to cut costs. From what I have been told it is made from a mix of waste ore which is very high in impurities that by itself is not worth mining but like buying watered down drinks at the bar can be mixed with recycled copper. Copper recycling is huge over there with pure freshly refined copper going for a very high premium. I could get my modules made for 1/2 the cost using it. Recycled copper is bought all over the world an imported by the supper tanker over there and mixing it with low grade ore is more economical than trying to refine the stuff which is why it is called waste ore as most mining does not bother with ore that level of impurity getting left behind for scrappers. The resulting copper looks like that. It is a little more brittle and threading it is pretty much impossible to thread cleanly as there is a more of a crumbling effect as the threads cut though the different densities of the softer copper and denser metal impurities. This leaves a lot of burs making it hard to screw in and is dangerous since as you thread the brass barbell in it kicks off particles which can burn up the optics an diode. The thermal conductivity is pretty poor as well.

WOW
bunch of great posts-- especially from Jordan who I welcome back home..

you have done your homework.. thanks!!!
do you think scrap copper was used to make the AixiZ copper modules..??

I seem to remember something about getting their copper from DTR .. I can ask for samples if any vet wants some to test..I will ask AixiZ if there have been more than one source at AixiZ for copper.
I try very hard to do as much as I can to prevent any metal bits-copper/ally/brass etc from getting into anything ever....

I use a powerful vaccuum - canned air and go slow and keep everything horizontal. I dont want gravity to cause problems.

Sleds arrived today and ready to fwd Sat morn.

pics and details on my experience with the harvest posted here asap.
a few tricks-tips etc -- I was sent a DOA to practice 'the harvest' and glad of that.
I am sold out.
thanks again for all the valuable posts.. please post again..

be sure to practice ESP precautions--no returns- all pretested as good.

ps
sounding like use of a TEC is callled for..

Yeah, I use mine to heat sink diodes I am testing for wavelengths. So, they don't get exposed to high currents.....just threshold and drive currents. Mostly the new Sharp diodes and my NDB7675s as there was some rumor that they were NDB7875s instead. Glad to say they are both the real deal and brand new....no tinned pins. Wish I could remember what wavelength they both measured, but that was many months ago, and too many diodes measured since then. I am planning on measuring them again after they are built into working handhelds.

Last edited:
I thought I had read that all the 7675's had the number stamp between the pins, but now I understand that's not the case.

How's the m-462 compare to the 7675 for color and power ? How about divergence, I would think they would have the same natural divergence given the 7875 and m-140 have the same divergence.

I am still working on getting my NDB7675 built as the diode won't seat in the module. I have the M462 and a driver for it, but don't know if I want to use my last copper host for it. I am planning on driving both at 1.8 amps. I think the NDB7675 might increase in wavelength driven there. I have some other hosts that would work well with the M462, but they have bad switches.