Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

New horizons Nichia NUBC31T coming soon 465nm 13W rated!

Darktron

Ooooh man…. Guess I found the next diode I’m going to purchase, now I’ll need to figure out how to mount this new case they've built it in to replace the canned/backfilled NUBM07 in my lab build. Already set up with corrective optics which should help with this diode. Any idea on when it will be available?
Sometime this year it should be released but who knows until when we can get our hands on them

Last edited:

Darktron

Better make it 12A or more if these can be over-driven like the other N1ch1a diodes we love.
Actually not that will kill this diode see usually a 3A rated diode we overdrive to 5A before we start to see it lose power so here they've already provided the chart 8.5A rated, 10.5A overdrive anything above 10.7A is safe to say we will start losing power and potentially killing the diode.

Darktron

I want to read what price you think they'll have?
My bet is 131$ USD per piece.
At least I hope is this...

I feel that might be a bit optimistic but I would be all for it! My guess is $250 a pop, just because of the very peculiar packaging and the fact that they will be test/engineering samples. The new stuff is always more expensive out the gate.

WizardG

LPF Site Supporter
Actually not that will kill this diode see usually a 3A rated diode we overdrive to 5A before we start to see it lose power so here they've already provided the chart 8.5A rated, 10.5A overdrive anything above 10.7A is safe to say we will start losing power and potentially killing the diode.
I'm sure the experiment will be done. Someone on the forum will hook up TEC cooling and see if they can get 20W outta this thing. :)

Darktron

I'm sure the experiment will be done. Someone on the forum will hook up TEC cooling and see if they can get 20W outta this thing. :)
It's a great idea since this diode is more temperature sensitive 15 ‐ 55c

It would probably have to be some sort of custom clamping style heatsink that makes contact with the top and bottom of the diode. Extend the bottom half and you'll have a convenient shelf for placing corrective optics in front of the diode.

Darktron

It would probably have to be some sort of custom clamping style heatsink that makes contact with the top and bottom of the diode. Extend the bottom half and you'll have a convenient shelf for placing corrective optics in front of the diode.
Love the idea but just thinking about it how would we fit a lens assembly like a G8 on to it? Maybe is better to do a insert like with a backplate? Something like this but round.

Screenshot_20230816_005542_eBay.png

Darktron

3 hours in and I have the diode CAD file mostly done.
Note the window size and depth aren't accurate there is no specifications on datasheet to obtain correct size. Everything else should be up to specs.

This diode is tiny W6.00 x L6.90 x H6.55 mm not including the pins.

I'll share my file for view only if you need the full file just send me a PM.
Onshape CAD view

Screenshot 2023-08-16 034934.jpgScreenshot 2023-08-16 034954.jpg

Last edited: