Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

New High Power Red VSHIO HL63283HD LD

Yes, the high efficiency is what I like in this LD even if divergence is too high. This efficiency reminds me old times when I played with 808nm IR and I never saw this in the blue/violent range.
Bad thing is that specs for HL632383HD end the operating T at 45ºC what may mean that it wil not survive temperatures over that.

Bob, I have played with TECs - they are good when you remove heat from something hotter than room temperature (rt), if you want to keep the thing at T much lower than rt, the TEC efficiency drops to 10-15% - it produces much more heat than can transfer from LD to the HS.
That's why I play with ice - check my new game at
https://laserpointerforums.com/threads/funny-story-of-pbs-combining-of-two-9mm-ushio-reds.103877/

If I have time next weekend I will try to play more and do something out of it.

Can you advise what kind of rotating mirrors would be good to make figures (circles etc) out of this beam (if the beam section is too high for servos you said)?

[QUOTE="Light superglue, post: 1555262, member: 48728"

Can you advise what kind of rotating mirrors would be good to make figures (circles etc) out of this beam (if the beam section is too high for servos you said)?[/QUOTE]

A mirror slightly offset from perpendicular to a motor's output shaft will create a circle when you bounce a laser off it like (shaft, mirror)
...............|
=====|
.................|

BONUS! Take the circle created by one offset mirror spinning on a motor and have that bounce off another offset mirror spinning on a motor and you get Lissajous patterens that change by varying the speed of the two motors in relation to one another.

Last edited:
Yes, the high efficiency is what I like in this LD even if divergence is too high. This efficiency reminds me old times when I played with 808nm IR and I never saw this in the blue/violent range.
Bad thing is that specs for HL632383HD end the operating T at 45ºC what may mean that it wil not survive temperatures over that.

Bob, I have played with TECs - they are good when you remove heat from something hotter than room temperature (rt), if you want to keep the thing at T much lower than rt, the TEC efficiency drops to 10-15% - it produces much more heat than can transfer from LD to the HS.
That's why I play with ice - check my new game at
https://laserpointerforums.com/threads/funny-story-of-pbs-combining-of-two-9mm-ushio-reds.103877/

If I have time next weekend I will try to play more and do something out of it.

Can you advise what kind of rotating mirrors would be good to make figures (circles etc) out of this beam (if the beam section is too high for servos you said)?

Yea...TEC can be a demanding BITCH !!! IIRC...Planters experimented quite a bit....I THINK he used Dry Ice.....or maybe it was a three stage TEC stack...I cannot recall....he .had the LD and Mount entombed in a well insulated box....and had to heat the output window to eliminate condensate !!

As for spinning mirror experiments....well....since your do not have to spin at excessive speeds....I would use a 25mm FS mirror...Attached to a angle adjustable mount....

I have NOT seen such a mount....but...one could be made !!! I would use a set screw to attach an Ally block to a motor shaft....Brushless DC with speed control. I can envision some arrangement of a adjustable flap/arm....which can have the angle set and fixed.....and then have the mirror epoxied to the Arm/flap Then again....some may just slam a blob of epoxy on a motor shaft....and....call it a day..... " Take yer pic....and Pays yer Money " !! Whatever !!! Have Fun !!!

CDBEAM

Here is the problem - I would have to make such a thing with my hands and 10-20 years ago such "Laser Spirographs" were offered by many postage sellers. I had one from Pearl with weak red laser and 2 rotating mirors. Cats were even more crazy about those figures on the wall than a simple laser dot.
Now each seller is offering same DJ laser projectors and no more simple mechanical thing like in the good old times...

In 1998 I had another funny pointer like one on the picture - it had a mirror on a shaking leg and each tiny hand troubling made the beam make these Lissajous patterns on the wall instead of a simple point - cannot find it now nowhere. Mabe someone has such a thing left or seen in a Yard sale recently???
This pic. is from here:
https://sites.google.com/site/vintagelaserarchive/1994---1997

Attachments

• Toko TLP-200 Beam.jpg
    Toko TLP-200 Beam.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 11