Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

new here looking for first laser

drumbc

i'm new here i've been looking around the forums for a little while and decided to make a account and join the forum... i have been searching yes using the search button :D and have looked all over on google and just cant seem to find a green laser with no duty cycle except for those wicked lasers which i would prefer to stay away from im looking for something around no more than 75 dollars and about 60-80mw if possible and it has to have no duty cycle if anyone has one or knows where i can get one it would be greatly appreciated and also just wanted to say hey guys :thanks:

best deals are posted in the BS&T section , where you should have posted a WTB(want to buy)

the welcome section is for 'intros' of new members- so you used the wrong section and did not do a very good intro IMHO.

please also finish filling out your personal profile and we often ignore those who keep that keep their location a secret... IT needs to be in your profile.
- IF its not in yr profile we wont see it. even if you put it into your threads and posts-

I must ask your reason for no 'rest cycles'

why not own two greens to allow one to rest??

sometimes when I am doing night pics I DO wish I had more time before needing the
rest cycle BUT that also may keeps me from being seen by someone who is a laser hater.
Almost lab lasers with even passive cooling can be ran non-stop.

Those with fans or TEC w/fans(active cooling) can run for days and longer..

most currently 3$ Greedbay pen pointers are way more than 5mW
some are > 75mW=and at that price you can afford to kill a few-I suggest 2 min on with pen pointers & one off. (depending upon the ambient temp)
If its hot outside, say 95 degrees the laser cannot cool below that- so perhaps a duty cycle of 1 min on and two off would be safer-

VERY few here are WL fans (exception are those old WLs)

IF you insist on a newer WL buy one used from a member-
BEST deals at LPF come from trusted vets
next comes non vets with >100posts and good rep---see the reviews!!

then other newcomers (but be very careful)

then buying from USA or Canada
only THEN buy from china- exception (only)
is JETLASERS.org
few JLs get sold used and they get purchased quickly.

also they offer some have a much longer duty cycle-

However erring on the side of safety is wise- warranties are void when you damage your laser by NOT being kind to it...

ALSO I do not think your really spent enough time yet using our search
function---

almost this exact Q has been asked and answered many times.

hope this is helpful & I offer you a +6 rep bump if you get 'with our program'

& read ALL stickies especially those in the welcome section.

"how to get along on forums" is a must read..

WE are NOT your 'ordinary' forum- we are family-and, as family, can be more cruel than strangers-- sometimes..

Looking fwd to reading your new intro--

hak

in Brazoria Texas--

Last edited:
I guess a little advertisement is allowed.
If you are looking for a first laser you might want to try out a 300mw 532nm green or a 1W 445nm blue, you can get either of theses for around $225, if you are interested, send me a PM and check out my site below.
Thanks
Edit: just saw you have a price constraint. In that case you might have to try out o-like or lazerer. Good luck with that. Sorry about the mistake

Last edited:

drumbc

thanks hakzaw1 i updated my profile and hope to be a contributing member to the forum im really just looking for a no duty cycle for burning and things along those lines but using two pens is something i haven't thought about and will definitely look into! sorry about posting this in the wrong section new here and learning the ropes... again thanks for the help.

I guess a little advertisement is allowed.

Hmmmm IMHO this post is spammy -SO if it was a 'mistake' (I have my doubts-) then delete it and leave NOTHING-

If you are looking for a first laser you might want to try out a 300mw 532nm green or a 1W 445nm blue, you can get either of theses for around $225, if you are interested, send me a PM and check out my site below.
Thanks
Edit: just saw you have a price constraint. In that case you might have to try out o-like or lazerer. Good luck with that. Sorry about the mistake

Help me get unconfused ...Are you 'rebranding' JETLASERS or Selling for Gray?
ATM ,except for new members (who dont serach) JL has built one of the best reps at LPF-- not REALLY a lot left to prove from JL-- but you however are still somewhat unknown and unproven ...AND your others approaches on this in the past leaves some doubt-- what happened in the Thread you deleted that made you do that?

Gray (Li-irrc NOT Le) has become a special person to many here and has been more help to this forum and many members who have fallen on bad times--than any will ever know-(even me, who has been privy to some kind things that was between us)- sadly he has been taken advantage of a few times and thus many here will be watching over Gray forever---These scams have started out not unlike you have-- promises of great service and super deals up to the point of large volume sales ..then POOF! gone into the wind with many peoples money..

So know this-- I am never going to be NOT a part of JL and Grays doings-
if you want to take this to PM no problem but I have held nothing back in this post--

The eyes of TEXAS (& LPF) are on you..

hak