Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

New here and first laser build

IWIRE

COOL ! Negative toward tail cap. Positive toward battery contact board.

ok got it figured out. I got it all together and put in the batteries and it didn't turn on so i unscrewed the battery cover quickly and it was warm. took it back apart and found out the solder on the positive side of the board was grounded. got it re soldered and now it works great. I will post a pic later when i can get one.

IWIRE

Ha ! Success ! Congratulations ! :) Glad you got the short sorted out. That could have been bad.
Hope to see pics soon !
So, what's the next build ? :)

IWIRE

The green ones are cool and a lot more visible at a given mw rating. If they have any left check out Jetlasers. I got a TiB from them and for the money it's hard to beat. It's just not as rewarding as building one yourself. Maybe not go for the 1w 520nm diode and build something a little less. Happy building ! :)
Something I've come to appreciate, they don't have to be a high powered build to be a really cool nice clean build. I'm typing that as I wait for my 3.4a driver to go with my 3.5w diode. LOL ! To me the most important is be safe and build what makes you happy. Oh, and post pics or it didn't happen. :)

Last edited:

IWIRE

Angelos is making me a couple of them. I was going to use a blitzbuck but at 3a my voltage was a little high. I have all the pieces except a driver :( Watch for my build pics ! It's a common host that will have my twist applied to it :)

Sorry for the hijack Cipher43. Back on topic. Where are those pics of your build :toetap: :)

ok so I took a few pics but not sure how good they turned out. lets see if I can get them posted haha.

My phones flash went off on this first on but did show the beam ok

IWIRE

Ha ! Great job and pics ! I like the second beam shot.
You don't have to keep your shorts on. But next time keep them out of your laser :crackup:

I tried to leave you REP for your first successful build and pics. Apparently there is some glitch in the process. It says I left REP but doesn't show up. I got in touch with Avery, guess it is what it is, till it isn't anymore.
Thanks for sharing your build and the pics :beer:

Last edited: