Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

NEW Group buy for Sony 16X dvd burner diodes...

Things

Re: NEW Group buy for Sony 16X dvd burner diodes..

there not over, he is just trying to confirm a price.

S

SenKat

millionaire said:
damit i missed out, my dad said wait till today to buy one i did and they are over dangit. oh well i guess its only a couple more dollers so ill wait till i find out the price.

DOOOOD ! Are you SERIOUS ? How did you manage to talk your Dad into it ? That is AWESOME ! I know you have been waiting forever to get him to this point, man - I am happy ! Yeah, considering the time differences between here, and Korea - I will not hear back from him till mid-morning (I hope) maybe afternoon tomorrow....

SenKat said:
PLEASE hold off on a payment until I find out the cement figure for this next batch - unless you want to extimate on my failure, and send $20.50 per diode ? I think my powers of persuasion are better than that, so hang tight until I hear back from him tomorrow please ?
Thank you for answering! :D

No, I'm just a dumbass and didn't read that you had a problem with getting another batch, my fault. Not sending payment :(

Just wondering, are you going to update the first page soon? No big deal just a reminder.

i know he told me that i could only have a high powered laser if i built. he thought i wouldnt be able to but im goign to prove him wrong. that is why he is so sluggish on getting pay-pal going cause he said he would let me build a laser he just makes so its the hardest on me to do. but oh well what can you do.

Alias, they are visible red. See Daedal's driver circuit here h__p://___.laserpointerforums.com/forums/YaBB.pl?num=1185701612/0 (__ = tt | ___ = www)
Buy an Aixiz laser module to go with it, (forget the addy), has a lens. No IR as the semiconductor junction produces red light directly. And, before this is an "off the shelf" pointer, it needs a driver circuit, housing (aixiz module), a power supply (battery) and a case.

hay sen
did i get my order in in time for it to be part of the 100?
thanks,

P.S

you mite also want to add blue that the output power of these are so powerful that you need to have goggles as the light will reflect of most objects wihich WILL cause serious eye damage.

your other option if you are not comfortable putting togther a circuit and such is to yous a Dorcy Jr which will already have a current limiting circuit that you can tap on to

I guess im to late to buy one of these diodes?

Cheers

S

SenKat

Okay all - I managed to haggle the vendor down a little bit - I am still not too happy about the pricing, but it is still going to be a decent price - the price is $17.50 each at this point, and all that have paid prior to this point that did not make it into the first 100 group buy (there are a lot of you) will have to pony up the extra $3.00 per, or I can refund your funds - I will send EACH of you an email letting you know, and get the forst post updated - as well as closing this thread down. Sorry again for the hassles - in the mean time, any NEW purchases can go direct to my site at http://sales.stonetek.org to purchase the diodes there using google check out, or send paypal as usual. Thanks !

sorry to nag or sound impatient but did I get in or not? the front page is only updated to 92? how do we know if we didnt make it

kwinchee, i think i know you from somewhere?

Your in Australia right?

S

SenKat

Okay all - the first post is updated, and I will be sending out emails throughout the day to those that did not make it into the first group to see if they want refunds, or will pay the extra funds. now, BOTH batches of diodes are being sent at once, and if I can convince my wife to allow me to "borrow" funds from savings, then I will buy a third 100 to cement the prices in at the 17.50 each range. Otherwise, I am reeally afraid that he will jack the prices up as he sees the demand increase like it is - unfortunately, he IS the only game in town (so to speak) since he is still be far the cheapest, and reliable, and fast shipping as well ! So....If there are any "high rollers" out there that want to invest a few bucks to assist with grabbing as many diodes as possible, then Email me and let me know - He is sending 100 "advance" when I pay for hte first group - but I figured if I can squeeze in a few hundred more diodes in on that order, I can cement it in at a cheaper rate. Geesh - it IS worth it - I just gotta keep telling myself that ! LOL I know you all are gonna be happy as pigs in ..uhm...MUD...yeah, that's it...MUD ! When you get in your diodes - these really are AMAZING.

Greg

Actually, I will leave this thread open a little longer for comments if you like, and I will be posting a link to the "newest" GB for these guys after I send out emails :)

Re: NEW Group buy for Soy 16X dvd burner diodes...

we can still pay-pal you the money tho right. because on the raffle it says ur paypal isnt working or somethinjg.

S

SenKat

Pay-pal still functions, yes - make sure you send the correct amount, please - the "additional" payments are eating me alive in pay-pal fees :( thanks !

(They are $17.50 each)

Gazoo

Well I think $17.50 is still reasonable for these diodes considering how well they work...and burn...lol. I am still on my first one. I hope no one will be too bumbed about the increase in price. As soon as you receive the diode and get it going, you will be one very happy camper ;)

deathx

hey, so when can we expect them to be shiped out? i need to burn things 0_o ::)