Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

New from West Virginia

Hello,
Just introducing myself. I'm new to your forum and am very interested and curious about lasers. In another life, I owned a pinball, jukebox business with my father and have always enjoyed assembling and disassembling things! Thought a DIY laser project would be enlightening and enjoyable. I appreciate your patience with me! Best to you all!!
George

anselm

Hello and welcome to the forum!:wave:
Careful, can you afford a new addiction?:crackup:

Be safe, read the stickies, use the seach box and you'll be fine.;)
In another life,
What do you mean? In another period of THIS life, I suppose.

c0ldshadow

LPF Founder / Admin
Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
hey george,welcome to lpf, have fun
peace
-ave

LaZeRz

Hey george, i have the same name :D

welcome to lpf mate, give me a private message if you want any info at all, what first laser have you been planning on building?

also always take precautions and buy laser safety goggles cause you cant put a price on your vision can you?

anyway Pm me if you want anything, i will be delighted to help

Thanks to all for the welcomes and offers of support! :beer:
Yea, I did the pinball/jukebox thing in the late 60's thru mid 80's. It stopped being so much fun in the early 80's when all the manufacturers opened their own chains of arcades...bummer. Had a restaurant and developed commercial property since then. I suspect this could be a pretty expensive hobby! I'm sure you all could probably attest to that!
I'm kinda curious about the Survival Laser kit that I've read about on here. Seems like a faitly simple assembly that would acquaint me with all the parts and test my dexterity. The additional plus is that it appears to have been packaged by one of your senior responsible members.!
I do have to comment tho, as someone new to the forum, I cant help but be impressed by the level of knowledge and help offered on all of the threads that I have visited thus far.
Thank you all, and I'm sure I'll have lots of stupid questions as time goes on!!
How better to learn! :bowdown:
George