Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

New from SF Bay Area

Hey all -

Just figured I would take a moment and do things right and introduce myself before I start making a fool of myself.

While not entirely new to lasers, my recent burst of excitement takes things in a new direction. Up until a few weeks ago I didn't realize that there were handheld, battery powered lasers commercially available that can so easily burn things. One thing lead to another and lo and behold I've come to see that the best place for knowledge, guidance and value is in a forum like this and not go to the companies that only care about the $$.

That said, for now I'm probably mostly looking to buy something prebuilt and experiment. I'm big into photography, and I have some art projects and ideas for making use of lasers that could be exciting. Of course anything I make I'll share with the community.

Well, that's it for now, sure I'll see you all around.

welcome.gif
to the Forum....
Don't forget to read the FAQs...the Stickies
and the Forum Rules..
http://laserpointerforums.com/tou.htm

If you plan on buying anything on the Forum....
PLEASE read this first...

6 Steps To Prevent You From Getting Scammed

and PLEASE don't forget to read to this....

39 Reasons NOT to Buy From Wicked Lasers

If you do get a Laser or already have one be sure
to get appropriate Laser Safety Goggles/Glasses...

Get Some Safety Goggles Now!

Enjoy your stay...

Jerry

You can contact us at any time on our Website: J.BAUER Electronics

ferd19

Welcome! where from the bay area are you from btw? this is a great place to learn about the immense variety of lasers out there, both hand held and lab type. And btw, i'm all about photography as well :)

Thanks for the welcomes. I'd like to think I'm being pretty diligent in doing my homework, I know how frustrating it can be to answer the same questions over and over again just because people don't like having to look themselves...but regardless thanks for condensing all the newbie info in one place. And dont worry, it barely took me any time around here to find out that people are generally less than pleased with Wicked Lasers.

I'm currently in Alameda, originally from Baltimore. So far the Bay Area seems like a great place for pretty much anything that doesnt require snow!

ferd19

Ah so your on the other side of the bay! i'm in the peninsula, but you'll find that the bay area has a variety of "character" depending on where you decide to go and check out. Weather is very nice (much like it was today) and the winters will be nothing compared to what your accustomed to in baltimore. Though you'll be hearing people complain about the cold when it's in the high 40's and 50's :)

Nice, some more Bay Area peeps. Nice to see I'm not the only one around here. Welcome to LPF Nate.

Hey all -

Just figured I would take a moment and do things right and introduce myself before I start making a fool of myself.

While not entirely new to lasers, my recent burst of excitement takes things in a new direction. Up until a few weeks ago I didn't realize that there were handheld, battery powered lasers commercially available that can so easily burn things. One thing lead to another and lo and behold I've come to see that the best place for knowledge, guidance and value is in a forum like this and not go to the companies that only care about the $$.

That said, for now I'm probably mostly looking to buy something prebuilt and experiment. I'm big into photography, and I have some art projects and ideas for making use of lasers that could be exciting. Of course anything I make I'll share with the community.

Well, that's it for now, sure I'll see you all around.

My kind of guy right there :D Welcome to the forum, I look forward to seeing some of your work :beer:

ped

Welcome.

Always like the look of the bay area.

Thanks,

Looks like a solid group around here. Good to know there are people nearby once I get some projects going.