Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

New from Alaska

I am new to the forum but have been looking around for a while. At the moment my lasers are limited to purchased, complete lasers, but I hope to learn to make custom lasers at some point. I have checked out the safety info, and always use laser goggles when lasing. My son likes the hobby too, so we are very careful when using more powerful lasers. So far, the only ones I have that are dangerous are an overspec "5 mW" 405nm laser and a 1W 445nm laser. Fun stuff! We do not even turn them on outside because of air traffic in the area. I need to get away from home a little way to see what they look like in the night sky (well, once the constant daylight goes away). Thanks for the good info and entertaining reading on the forum!

Thanks for the welcome. Unfortunately, it is too late to prevent purchasing a laser from Wicked Lasers. I ordered a Core 14 days ago from them, and it has said that it is "at the Facility" in Columbia, SC for the past 7 days. So, I don't know what to think about it. I hope it comes in, and I doubt they could mess up a 5 mW pointer too bad. But, it sounds possible according to that post. My blue laser from Lazerer and violet QQ Tech from Amazon came in pretty fast. And, I am pleased with both of those.

Welcome. What part of Alaska are you from? I've been looking for someone on here from my state.

Fairbanks--how about you? We moved to Alaska a couple of years ago. We like it, except when it is negative fifty-something degrees outside. :eek:

FT Richardson, doesn't get quite that cold but still pretty bad in the winter.

Blord

Those temp are ideal for lasers. They gives higher outputs at low temp. And longer runtimes because the aren't overheating :)

welcome.gif
to the Forum....
Don't forget to read the FAQs...the Stickies
and the Forum Rules..
http://laserpointerforums.com/tou.htm

If you plan on buying anything on the Forum....
PLEASE read this first...

6 Steps To Prevent You From Getting Scammed

and PLEASE don't forget to read to this....

39 Reasons NOT to Buy From Wicked Lasers

If you do get a Laser or already have one be sure
to get appropriate Laser Safety Goggles/Glasses...

Get Some Safety Goggles Now!

Enjoy your stay...

Jerry

You can contact us at any time on our Website: J.BAUER Electronics

dpup5520, to be more specific, I am at Fort Wainwright. So, I won't be pointing any lasers into this airspace! I took my family down to Anchorage and Seward the first week of June. We had a great time there--even decided to stay an extra day. It looks like a great place to be stationed.

Blord, maybe they need to open an Arctic Laser Research Center up here. They do Arctic research on everything else!

Thanks to all for the welcome.