Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

New FOCUSABLE 200mW Red on DX

Please don try burning thru your balck pants, it will pass thru very quickly and you will feel the burn in your skin, other than that I love it. I will be ordering one more this week.

Search on youtube for DX 200mw Red Laser burning a match my user name is cdesigns222

Is there any chance that this could be dpss? Cause it sounds like it has pretty good beam specs

cbrian4 said:
Is there any chance that this could be dpss? Cause it sounds like it has pretty good beam specs

The lens are very simple and you can see the diode when you take the lens out.

iewed

So does this laser burn plastic figurines?
You gotta admit that it would be hilarious to walk into a card store, melt some little D&D figurines while people are playing with them, and walk it. The only downside being potential eye damage and law suits.

My order on DX changed from "waiting for supplier" to "order received - In stock" Hopefully it will ship soon! :D

I did some test at work using the amp meter with a constant source of 6.5v the laser was pulling 320mAh , I adjusted the POD and the light got brighter and it pulled 350-360mAh but the board got warm quickly.

By the way I only have one video uploaded, youtube didn't let me upload more videos because they were doing something on the page. Tonight I will upload the rest of the videos and send you guys the links.

Got one.....Love it!
Get one....You'll love it too!
Outburns my Daedal dx flashlight burner.

Pot modding definitely works. I don't know how far to turn it anti-clockwise though, I don't want to fry it. A half-turn clockwise will turn it off completely (at least, the dot).

bob1122 said:
Pot modding definitely works. I don't know how far to turn it anti-clockwise though, I don't want to fry it. A half-turn clockwise will turn it off completely (at least, the dot).

I turn mine clockwise until the light turns off then I adjusted a little counterclockwise until it turns on again and wallaaa.

Hmm, so what's the safe limit for pot-modding? I have a multimeter but not on hand, damn.

I have taken measurement while attempting to pot mod 3 of these laser. Yes at some amount of twisting of the pot, the laser will not turn on. The output of the laser will not achieve any higher numbers as a result of turning the pot. If anyone would like to see this I can try to post pictures or video of the process (not too good with the close up shots of Circuit boards). If there is someone else with a meter and one of these lasers please confirm this. I have done this with 3 lasers. I just re-tested this to make sure I am not mis-leading anyone. THESE ARE NOT POT-MOD-ABLE If you want to try and mod this laser you are going to need to do it another way. Maybe try removing a couple of the resistors. Or do a diode swap.

yobresal said:
I have taken measurement while attempting to pot mod 3 of these laser. Yes at some amount of twisting of the pot, the laser will not turn on. The output of the laser will not achieve any higher numbers as a result of turning the pot. If anyone would like to see this I can try to post pictures or video of the process (not too good with the close up shots of Circuit boards). If there is someone else with a meter and one of these lasers please confirm this. I have done this with 3 lasers. I just re-tested this to make sure I am not mis-leading anyone. THESE ARE NOT POT-MOD-ABLE If you want to try and mod this laser you are going to need to do it another way. Maybe try removing a couple of the resistors. Or do a diode swap.

I don't have a laser output meter, but on mine you can adjust the power of BRIGHTNESS the pod is different to other lasers, responds more quickly with just a little turn but using a OHM meter you can see that it changes value whiule adjusting, plus to see the real difference in brightness you need to focus a big dot on a 10 feet distance to really see the brightness change. If you do it to close you wont see the difference.

Mine is currently set  to draw 300mAh I can up to 350-360 mAh using a 6v constant source.

Switch

Brightness isn't gonna change while power stays the same.Not unless the pot controls wavelength some how which I doubt :D ::) Yobresal tested 3 of these, with a laser power meter, and if neighter of the 3 output more power for the meter to see, I'm pretty sure the pot does nothing to the laser's output.I don't think that his 3 lasers are merely a coincidence :-/

ads813

my dilda-laser is at the post office. it should be here in a couple of hours! i cant wait! ;D