Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

New driver! Help!

rhd

I'm confused as to why you're specifying the voltage?

rhd

Lol, no - actually confused :)

Because I don't understand why the voltage would be pre-specified. I'm under the impression that the voltage is determined by the diode, and what it pulls at particular currents, not by the driver's preset design. So I'm actually wondering why wants to know voltages that precisely?

He doesn't want to know that precisely, that is just what I told him.

Are you saying that I should tell him? I don't understand this. I thought when setting power you must set current and voltage.
Lol, no - actually confused :)

Because I don't understand why the voltage would be pre-specified. I'm under the impression that the voltage is determined by the diode, and what it pulls at particular currents, not by the driver's preset design. So I'm actually wondering why wants to know voltages that precisely?

Give him the current values, and tell him that at those currents, the load will drop, on average, this number of volts. The driver SHOULD boost the voltage to whatever the load is dropping at that current.

Sorry about that mislead on the 9mm diode. It's the closest we have to a datasheet, and it's pretty vague at that. No IxV graphs or IXPo graphs. No graphs at all, even!