Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

New Defense Contractor Baby!

Two things,

1) Check and see if the aircraft already has mounts and electronic integration for belly mounted night vision or video and make your build as a "drop in" module for it. -If the aircraft doesn't have such a mount, build yours as an "open design" so once it's built in, it can be used as a multi-mount for different electronic payloads.

Closed source, proprietary connectors and connections are a real pain in the ass to designers and techs in the field.

2) When you build the 7w dazzler, be sure to piggy back the design costs of a 70 watt unit on top of it. -China and a few other countries haven't signed any treaty like we and our allies have against battlefield laser blinding and retinal frying devices. The US buys a ton of stuff from China, we might as well sell some stuff back.

-as a side note, go ahead and show the 70w unit to your contractor as well. Maybe you could bill it as an "optical recording, CMOS and CCD device neutralizer". -From 7w to 70w at the flip of a switch. 7watts for people or 70 watts for equipment.

I remember when I was in the army. -It was against the Geneva Convention to fire .50 caliber machine guns at enemy soldiers, so we were trained to only fire it at equipment -which included canteens, pistol belts, wrist watches and dog tags.

I remember when I was in the army. -It was against the Geneva Convention to fire .50 caliber machine guns at enemy soldiers, so we were trained to only fire it at equipment -which included canteens, pistol belts, wrist watches and dog tags.[/quote]

Woah! Thats damn inventive!

Coherent said:
Stuff like this would probably be used vs the poor arabs in the middle east who can't afford/don't know what lasers are.

Don't forget that it was a middle easterner who invented gas lasers. ;)

Balisong said:
I remember when I was in the army. -It was against the Geneva Convention to fire .50 caliber machine guns at enemy soldiers, so we were trained to only fire it at equipment -which included canteens, pistol belts, wrist watches and dog tags.

Woah! Thats damn inventive![/quote]

The best part about the .50 is that you don't have to hit them, you just need to put a round within three feet of them to get the same effect....

Switch

1) Check and see if the aircraft already has mounts and electronic integration for belly mounted night vision or video and make your build as a "drop in" module for it. -If the aircraft doesn't have such a mount, build yours as an "open design" so once it's built in, it can be used as a multi-mount for different electronic payloads.

Well that handbook seems to have quite a quantity of instructions.I'm sure frothy will manage it ;D

Now that you mentioned it Balisong, "dazzler" does sound kinda bad.Isn't that word derived from an interjection? :-/ You could call it the "optical denial system" or some fancy stuff like that ::) The people who are going to use it might just call it the "laser" , though. ;D

Switch said:

Well that handbook seems to have quite a quantity of instructions.I'm sure frothy will manage it ;D

Now that you mentioned it Balisong, "dazzler" does sound kinda bad.Isn't that word derived from an interjection? :-/ You could call it the "optical denial system" or some fancy stuff like that ::) The people who are going to use it might just call it the "laser" , though. ;D

Ya, I didn't see that pic of the manual until after I posted. -makes it look like I'm trying to teach my grandma to suck eggs, I guess. :-[

As for calling it a "Dazzler", The name "Dazzler" is actually trademarked by L.E. Systems, Inc. -The first company to make and sell a Laser Based Photonic Disruptor to the US Military. Calling any photonic disruptor a Dazzler is kind of like calling any facial tissue a Kleenex. -The term has become that generic; which I guess is a reall plus for LE Systems and their Ad agency.

In soviet Russia airplanes lase you! To be completly honest though this is kinda scary. Non lethal weapons have a tendency to be deployed against citizens by their own government. I would advise you to really think about the ramifications of creating something like this for the government.