Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

New Blue Diodes - NUBM4F

How about some test data please ?
Also interested to know if the divergence is the same or better/worse.

How about some test data please ?
Also interested to know if the divergence is the same or better/worse.
I haven't extracted them yet. I will try to do it by this weekend. I have a bunch of different LPM's but none are professionally calibrated so I don't really trust the readings. I could possibly send one to someone if they have better testing equipment.

I have an Ophir and a Hyperion that read very nearly the same but I can't guarantee accuracy, however I expect we are close enough for our hobby purposes.

Nice! Hopefully these have some improvements in regards to divergence.

So, I'm assuming those two unpopulated diode "cells" came that way since you said you haven't extracted any yet. Interesting, I wonder why that would be?

Nice! Hopefully these have some improvements in regards to divergence.

So, I'm assuming those two unpopulated diode "cells" came that way since you said you haven't extracted any yet. Interesting, I wonder why that would be?
There were some other projectors in the past that only had 8 diodes in a 10 diode block. I believe they probably standardized on the 10 diode block and only populate it enough to reach a certain amount of lumens. It allows for a higher lumens model to be produced without actually changing the design in the future as well.

There were some other projectors in the past that only had 8 diodes in a 10 diode block. I believe they probably standardized on the 10 diode block and only populate it enough to reach a certain amount of lumens. It allows for a higher lumens model to be produced without actually changing the design in the future as well.
Thanks, that makes sense. I can't wait to see how these diodes perform!

These diodes will take 6 amps.... Not sure for how long but I didn't see any flickering or dimming while I was testing. It shows 7.28W with a G-8 lens on my LPM but as I said before, it's not calibrated. Also, it was originally calibrated for 532nm so that will cause a deviation as well.

The uncollimated beam didn't appear much different than a regular NUBM44 but I didn't measure it.

These diodes will take 6 amps.... Not sure for how long but I didn't see any flickering or dimming while I was testing. It shows 7.28W with a G-8 lens on my LPM but as I said before, it's not calibrated. Also, it was originally calibrated for 532nm so that will cause a deviation as well.

The uncollimated beam didn't appear much different than a regular NUBM44 but I didn't measure it.

it is stronger than nubm44?

Wow I have that same LPM its awesome and its a commercial meter. Its one of five LPM's I have with Ophir power heads.
Looking good buddy
Rich:)73BBD53F-C93F-4EDE-AC3E-C626FBF93DD7_1_201_a.jpeg2A1630BD-F5B5-4C56-97C7-F5F303870894_1_201_a.jpeg9D213EB3-451E-4A51-BDE0-27CEA4D5603A.jpeg