Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

New Aixiz module holders

Maybe AixiZ can get them soon re-made with a much tighter fit- I will email our suggestions- they need some at 11.9mm for green modules too.

quote..'Filling small gaps with thermal compound is fine, but with gaps this large it won't work very well either. '
but if the heatsinking is not crucial they COULD be okay??
I like 'em tight- would rather have a compression fit IMO
or even the need to sand out the insides a little with emery cloth on a drill bit.

just be very careful with removing ALL metal dust--not good for diode windows!!

Aaron

I have one. Very nice for the price, plus they act as good heatsinks for lower power builds like my LOC red.

I met w/ AixiZ Chuck yesterday and he told me that these were molded(not machined ) for use with insulation or w/ a shim.
I would not expect them to have great HSing abilities as they are not very big anyway.
They would be a little efficient, a least much better than a bare module.

I use the copper pieces found free inside of old radio antennas. If you push the parts out of the bottom end of an antenna you will find a pair inside each section of progressively larger sizes. They are already curved and slip inside with ease and a little thermal paste. I dont even use the set screw.

AFAIK AixiZ has no plans to make them any smaller in the ID.

Aaron

I just bought two of these, and they're terrible. There's a gap around the module such that only about 30 degrees of a circle actually makes contact with the holder. Since it's aluminum I can't just cut a slot on top to clamp it down. I'd buy one of Odicforce's holders before one of these again. Even the top screw they provided had different lengths for each of the holders I bought.

I should've never bothered mounting it to a larger heatsink before really testing its connection to the module. Now I'll have to buy some thermal padding or something just to fill the gaps.

Here's a photo of the gap:

attachment.php

Dude, yours must have been a mess-up. Mine fits an Aixiz so snuggly in there that I dont even need to use the set screw :)

I can't imagine Chuck selling something like that.
If you sent him a pic, I'm sure he'd replace it and probably give you and extra for your trouble.

Did you contact them BB?

I can't imagine Chuck selling something like that.
If you sent him a pic, I'm sure he'd replace it and probably give you and extra for your trouble.

Did you contact them BB?

AFAIK thses are the only ones AixiZ has or will have.

Vaporizer is correct tho about Chuck refunding or sending something else you may want. These IIRC are sold more as holders rather than heatsinks. Without a little extra room it would not be possible to insulate the holder from the module, but I guess one could still insulate the holder.

hope this helps all

hak