Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

New 50A Integrated MOSFET Power Stage From Vishay

DigiKey just sent me this in an e-Mail. This would be very nice in a high current driver if
anyone is designing one. 50A output from a 6x6mm package! I'm tempted to use this very
attractive unit in one of my own. All for the low low price of $2.55 for a single unit. Pretty SiC
if you ask me :na:

Here is the datasheet.

Attachments

• Vishay SiC780.png
    Vishay SiC780.png
    33.6 KB · Views: 366

benmwv

That chip isnt really suited for a driver. Its too complicated and doesnt seem to have feedback. I think its made for computer power supplies.

benmwv

I dont want to discourage you, if you think it will be a fun project then by all means go for it. Im just saying that its so complex you wont get it small enough for a handheld and for labbies there are easier options.

Also, I didnt scour the datasheet, but I didnt see any mention of a voltage feedback pin so I dont know how you will run it in a constant current mode.

That chip has a PWM input it also has a SMOD input and that sounds like a modulation input to me.
all the other inputs are pulled high to the + rail, it is sounding like it could work to me as a driver IMHO

More needs to be known about it, can it be run in CC mode...

Last edited:
There is no control circuitry in the chip. Think of it as a all-in-one half-bridge. It has to be driven by an
external PWM such as the LTC1872, UC3842, TL494, etc.

Very neat! If I had the funds right now, I would use this for the 45A driver I need for my IR bar >.>

benmwv

Ah, ok. I should have done more than just glance at the datasheet.

Are you going to develop a board for it?

There are a lot of power chips that do awesome things. Building a viable driver is another matter though. Not to be a downer, but until you actually build and test a driver using whatever chip you decide on I'm not going to get my hopes up or I'll just find some other ready-made solution.