Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

New "505"nm diodes

I don't. These seem to be too new to have received any for measurement yet. I'm not interested in buying any more of these unless they are proven to have some lower wavelength ones. These case positive diodes with a high Vf make putting them in handhelds more difficult. You can't use a boost driver unless you isolate the diode and the only linear driver I'm aware of is a pain to work with and has had some defects right out of the package.

i just bought the GH05030C2LM as a cheaper choice,i don't really mind if it is 505 or 507 as its the first lower wavelengh green i'll have and it will directly compared to my 520nm pl520b build so the difference will be nice no matter those low wavelengh differences.i wish i had a spectrometer to let you know the actual wavelengh of this diode,anyone know what is the pinout of the GH05030C2LM?(sorry if i missed it somewhere)

Techhood says they have a datasheet available on their eBay listing.

I'm pretty sure it's case positive. Knowing that should be enough to test at least. Maybe paul remembers the exact pinout, I don't think they'd change it again

Check the micro-printing around the diode's window with a loupe or video microscope. These tell what the pin out is for each one. If I had to guess, it is probably case positive as that is what the last 6 numbers have been. The Sharp part number doesn't help in this instance.

I have 5, maybe 6 of these diodes on hand right now. One of the I bought September 2018 from newgazer. It has no markings around the window. I just got 5 more in the mail from a different seller. All of them have SB278DG91 around the window. If I can get a driver on time, I plan on having all of them wavelength tested at SELEM. If any of you have tested or seen any others with SB278DG91 or nothing around the window, what kind of results did you get?

Sorry, I haven't seen that number in my testing. The last ones I tested had the number SB147EB91 on them. I did see some SB217 numbers, but they were all low or right on the money, 505nm.

loreadarkshade

I have new case neutral 505nm Sharp GH05035A2G diodes, can# SB147EM91
They read 504-505nm on my spectrometer.
PM if anyone is interested in purchasing some

loreadarkshade

Ok. I can't be the only one flipping back and forth to try and find which model numbers correspond to which wavelength so I've written up a little page for our reference which I will link here:

505nm Sharp Diodes - Laser Pointer Wiki

But because I'm not trying to direct your clicks, I'll also post the content here:

I'll try to keep it up to date as the information comes in.
I've got some case neutral SB147EM91

Unown (WILD)

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
I have new case neutral 505nm Sharp GH05035A2G diodes, can# SB147EM91
They read 504-505nm on my spectrometer.
PM if anyone is interested in purchasing some
Don't necro post just to advertise. Thank you