Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

New 445 build - 3 Diode host

Wmacky

Well, what the heck. As I need all I can get due to the lossses I will have with the optical componets, I went ahead and ordered the 2.4A drivers, before they were sold out.

Now to find a 400ma driver for the Oclara.

IWIRE

Well, what the heck. As I need all I can get due to the lossses I will have with the optical componets, I went ahead and ordered the 2.4A drivers, before they were sold out.

Now to find a 400ma driver for the Oclara.

Illumination Supply has some FlexDrives in stock.
That just made me think. I read where you are using a key switch for the targeting beam. Is it fed from one battery or both ?
If it's both and you get stuck building looking for a drive, I think I may have a xdrive mini adjustable in my drive stash :)

Last edited:

Wmacky

It will run from both Batts, so that Xdrive you have could be the ticket! I looked @ the flex drives, and they seem limited on input voltage!

IWIRE

I'll check and makes sure I still have it. I had ordered a few extra drives a few months ago so I would have an assortment in case of emergency :) Don't remember for sure what I have left and what I don't. I'll let you know so you know for sure. I wonder if a Groove 2 drive would work, I think they are good for 500ma.

Those are made by drLava, who hasnt been on here in a long, long time. I was reading on photonlexicon the other day about some people being pretty upset with his service, as things sometimes take weeks or months to ship. Just saying, be weary- you would be better off waiting for Jeff's stock to refill

Last edited:

IWIRE

Those are made by drLava, who hasnt been on here in a long, long time. I was reading on photonlexicon the other day about some people being pretty upset with his service, as things sometimes take weeks or months to ship. Just saying, be weary- you would be better off waiting for Jeff's stock to refill

I agree completely. I was just brainstorming. In my case that's like a cloud with a sprinkle :crackup: I think I might have some Groove 2 drives also. I had ordered some microboost, flexdrives a flexmod P3 and groove2's from Innolasers a few months ago also. They actually shipped fairly quick. Their shipping was outrageously high though unless you placed a large order if I recall correctly.
Was thinking if I didn't have the Xdrive I may have a Groove2.
Just trying to think of options and wishing they would let me go home :)
I like overtime and all that but this is ridiculous .

Wmacky

OK, problem solved!

Lazeerer has returned to us, and my 400ma Xdrive is being shipped!

IWIRE

OK, problem solved!

Lazeerer has returned to us, and my 400ma Xdrive is being shipped!

Cool ! It's nice to have him back. Can't wait till you get it going. Some of my pieces have started showing up for my build. Mines going to be the size of a football field though compared to what you are working with.
Glad it's working out for you ! :beer:

I don't mean to hijack this thread, but I'm really curious as to whether or not the final beam is still a "laser" because would the light from all three emitters be out of phase with each other? And combining them will still produce the same color, but the final beam will no longer have laser properties.

Unless, of course, the phase does line up when going through the optics. I'm definitely interested to learn about it!

IsaacT

I don't mean to hijack this thread, but I'm really curious as to whether or not the final beam is still a "laser" because would the light from all three emitters be out of phase with each other? And combining them will still produce the same color, but the final beam will no longer have laser properties.

Unless, of course, the phase does line up when going through the optics. I'm definitely interested to learn about it!

Also each of the diodes is likely lasing at a slightly different wavelength. I have one 445 that puts out 445 and one that puts out 455.