Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

NEW 1.5-2.5W 445nm Blue/Black Ice/Flash Freeze Lasers FREE US Shipping

Re: New 1.3-2.5W 445nm Flash Freeze/Black Ice Lasers Free US Shipping

I hope to have another batch of lasers made up by this weekend.

You have batteries n charger avail aswell?

I have about 15 charges and 10 sets of batteries left(another 20 sets on the way) so, yup.

I'm switching to a higher grade charger for 16340 and 18350 cells but the down side is it won't charge 18650 cells so if/when I start selling more batteries and different types I will have to stock multiple types of chargers.

what charger you switching to?? i have a KnightFire versatile and it charges many sizes and is of nice quality. i can get you the contact if you would like, i know he does discounts on bulk purchases so it may be of interest to you before you buy chargers for just 16340's. PM if interested

IMO it is more attractive to only have to stock 1 charger and for a buyer to have a charger that can do everything. the one i mentioned above can do 18650, 18500, 17670, 16340, 14500, 10440, 10340, etc.....

Last edited:

I believe I know of the charger you are talking about buts its a couple times more expensive than what I am using now. The normal charger I sell is pretty damn universal and works. I only meant that I found another charger for 16340 and 18350 only that's slightly better quality as well as being even cheaper. I'm probably going to stock a couple Nightcore i4s when I sell 18650s since those chargers are really nice for the price.

the nitecore i4 is nice but its also ~$20. granted its roughly twice the price of mine and chargers 4 batteries not 2 so per battery charging slot it is the same price as mine. be interested to see what you sell them for and what deals you can work up. im already interested in the Panasonic 18650s so keep digging up more good deals to pass on to us

The deals are fairly easy to get the one restriction is money. The more money I have the cheaper I can make things but I don't have a whole lot to work with right now. Its a work in progress.

time isnt an issue. do what you need to do and pass the savings on to us. we will all greatly appreciate it, i know i will. lasers are expensive enough as it is, we dont need to spend even more $$$$$ on buying good quality batteries but companies do care. they just want to screw us out of our $$$. id rather buy from a member than a company any day.

Hey,

Could I check with you how you determine the recommended duty cycles?

Its based on observation. I estimate it based on how warm the host and heatsink feel. There is no real way to measure the optimum duty cycle. The point of it is just to make sure the diode doesn't get overly hot. Even if you exceed the duty cycle and the diode does get hotter than it should it doesn't mean its going to die but it can reduce its life span.

Any 1.4+ area comin out soon?

Bacon

Any 1.4+ area comin out soon?

Ahh, are you anxiously waiting for the output tests this weekend also?

I can't wait to add one of these lasers to my sig. I have been drooling over blue lasers since I was a wee little lad in highschool. I will be sure to take some nice pictures with my cannon and see how a 1.xW laser looks like at 100,000 time shutter speed (CHDK!).
---Sorry about the different messages ApexProxy:eek:

Sorry if this is a silly question but can I check how many volts should the battery be?

Lithium cells charge to 4.2V maximum and I do not advise running them down to much below 3V. When your batteries run low on power you will notice the laser drop in output very rapidly. When you notice that make sure you stop using it right away since as soon as it dims at all is usually when the batteries are quite dead and any longer and you risk damage to the cells.

Update on the next batch:
I got my M140s in and I can build up the lasers tonight when I get off work.

Last edited:

Lithium cells charge to 4.2V maximum and I do not advise running them down to much below 3V. When your batteries run low on power you will notice the laser drop in output very rapidly. When you notice that make sure you stop using it right away since as soon as it dims at all is usually when the batteries are quite dead and any longer and you risk damage to the cells.

Update on the next batch:
I got my M140s in and I can build up the lasers tonight when I get off work.

Ah okay thanks for clarifying!
By the way, I'm interested in buying a focusing adapter (from Mrcrouse), but do not have any vernier calipers or measuring devices on hand (apart from a ruler, but I do not trust my abilities to accurately measure the diameter of the front), so may I check with you as to what the front diameter of your host is?
[Posting this here in case anyone else needs the information as well]

Nice lmk the output of the new guys when u get to it