Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

neewbie from syd australia

hey,
Im also from Sydney... Five dock area.
I just joined the site as well and just purchased an Arctic 1w from TTerbo which should get posted in a week or so.. I cannot wait. Bought the safety glasses already and ready to go when it arrives.

Also ive been looking at getting one of Jayrob's Green kit and a 100mw green off O-like (if they have no issues shipping to australia).

Also want to have a Red laser in SolarForce L2P Kit! - 18650 Host With Massive Heatsink but i am new to lasers and even though it should be easy to put together im not to sure.

But like i said i cannot wait for the Arctic. i also just got a DSLR so will have a bit of fun when i can use the laser... (not going to use out in my area as to much traffic\planes.

Welcome to the forum, man there's a lot of Sydney boys here. From Melbourne myself seem to be one of a few.

kriminal said:
Also I've been looking at getting one of Jayrob's Green kit and a 100mw green off O-like (if they have no issues shipping to australia).

Been looking a that myself, looks like a nice kit. Still don't know whether to try and make one myself or just get the kit. BTW o-like will ship to Australia, modules are fine to bring in.

Welcome to the forum, man there's a lot of Sydney boys here. From Melbourne myself seem to be one of a few.

Been looking a that myself, looks like a nice kit. Still don't know whether to try and make one myself or just get the kit. BTW o-like will ship to Australia, modules are fine to bring in.

O sweet.. Thanks for that,
Might order the green kit next week. Im really want the green but thinking red as it is cheaper for more power.

I didnt realise there were a fair few from Aust.. with all out laws etc u think it would be harder. But i guess thats why there are DIY kits. (as long as i can also get the red kit (SolarForce L2P Kit! - 18650 Host With Massive Heatsink) with minimal work on my half it will be good.

Im good with computers\cars but never tried electrical and building things like this

Well if any one has any problems feel free to PM me for some info. Welcome everyone!

Y'all should head on over to #laserchat on irc.ecnet.org, if you're familiar with IRC. Myself and most of the other LPF Sydneysiders hang out there. Normally there's an easy web-chat interface at laserchat.org, but that seems to be down at the moment.

Things

If Only Aus wasn't so spread out, there is actually quite a few laserists! They all just tend to be scattered. I'm wayy up the top of Aus, a long trip for me to anywhere really :(

vk2fro

I too am in the situation of not being able to take my lasers outside - my stupid apartment is right under the flightpath!

But I do get to play with them out bush when mains power is available.

I'm building a couple of portables for away from mains play over the current weeks :)

welcome all ! :wave:

wow.. win thread.
hope to see more brazillian members too :cryyy: