Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Need suggestions

Kbs

What is the best handheld laser to use to scare the geese off of my property? And could you tell me where to get it? Thanks

trephanation

Why are there so many threads on this topic? I wouldn't use any, you could blind the poor goose. Just chase them down like everyone else.

Welcome btw :)

Kbs

Well I’m getting too old to chase them anymore so I thought the laser was a good option I should consider

GSS

From far away there is not much of a chance to blind them as the spot gets wide over a long distance.
Problem is they will always go right back to the same spot they favor. You will tire soon of trying with a laser.
You might have to you use a sound source.

Hi
I my area the people use dog silhouettes stationed in areas on the property and tie a thin piece of cloth around the neck so it flutters and draws attention to the geese
It works great
Do not use lasers on them it won’t work and they will be back
And you might blind them not good at all

GSS

Hi
I my area the people use dog silhouettes stationed in areas on the property and tie a thin piece of cloth around the neck so it flutters and draws attention to the geese
It works great
Do not use lasers on them it won’t work and they will be back
And you might blind them not good at all
Wow, the dog silhouettes and the scarf thing is brilliant..:):giggle:

Snecho

Just curious, anyone consider this for this type of thing? You must REALLY hate geese if you're willing to buy one lol :ROFLMAO:

Hi,
They are all over here on some properties and work well , seen them for years here. Besides Geese are very messy birds especially in flocks that land on your lawn or backyard . Where I used to live I had the river in my back yard and I would have to pick up 5 gallon buckets half full every two weeks. So if you never had a Geese issue you wouldn't know about it really. I live out in the country rural area crops and horse farms and just about every one has horses here. so the fields are enormous amounts of acreage ..
Those shilouetts really work great they come in white , brown and black ..
Oh and Border collies are awesome for the job.
Rich:)