Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Need someone to replace / help replace a driver

Hello,

The driver used in this laser I purchased (http://laserpointerforums.com/f39/sold-4w-ndb7a75-mx900-host-250-shipped-95836.html) has been ruined. The spring on the opposite side of it that touches the batteries fell off and I used super glue to put it back on. I found out quickly this is not good for circuit boards.

It used to have a custom 3 mode driver (high, medium, low, strobe) but I just need something that will make it work again. Preferably just one setting. What driver should I get? Do any member here do repairs?

Thank you for your help

diachi

Pictures of the damage?

Yeah ... superglue doesn't really work for repairing bonds which require good electrical contact...

Hi L,
Yes you are in need of repair that is a wonderfull diode . I have a few builds with them in it. I repair lasers and did for quite a bit of members here.
If you would like sending me the build and i will see all that is going on with it. I am very familiar with that host and build them before . i also make custom heat sinks and focus knobs for them. PM me and we can talk about your repair and bring the life back in it . From there i will send you my email address and so on. I will PM you also .. here is a pic of some of my work XM900 and other Plug N Play hosts for drop in DTR modules

Rich:)

Attachments

• IMG_2363.JPG
    IMG_2363.JPG
    181.3 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_2339.JPG
    IMG_2339.JPG
    206.1 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_2369.JPG
    IMG_2369.JPG
    101.6 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_2359.JPG
    IMG_2359.JPG
    166.8 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_2342.JPG
    IMG_2342.JPG
    172.5 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
http://imgur.com/a/tKZZJ

What is the correct terminology? Are the two silicone circuit boards inside the heat sink housing both part of 'the driver'? Usually there is just 1 but this is more complex because of the pulse / low / medium / high features. What does it cost for a driver that will power this diode that is complete unharmed? On high, only. Or if you could do low and high only.

Any input is very appreciated.

Last edited:
Hi
The reason why is more
Mass in sinking leads to longer life on the diode and longer duty cycles
And
They look cool and
Kick it until a notch