Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Need some help with all these Comanies

Hello I have just registered on this forum and it look's really great for helping us niewbies understand some things about lasers! :)
I want to buy a green laser pointer about 50-100mw but I dont know which company I should use. I bougt some 20mw pointers from a chinese company but their quality is quite poor. I've also had a look on dragonlasers and all these famous sites but their prices are really unafordable so I found DX company(dealextreme) and their prices seems really good but their quality??? If anyone has bought from DX and has something to help me I would appreciate it :cool: or if you guys know another good quality and cheap company pls let me know  ;) Thank you all in advance for doing such a great job here in this forum!

I think you should look around a bit more ;) almost everyone here has a DX laser or 2 ;D ;D

BTW: if your in america you can't order from them

You can order from DX through a member named Sawt al Hurriyah, in CANADA, also Susie from STANDSTONE has some decent prices. If you can afford it though, I'd go with OPTOTRONICS here in the USA ;)

I live in Europe I dont have any probs in ordering but you think I should order from this company? is it a credible company? because I didnt hear many good words for it...

If you want a cheap yet nice-ish laser the 100mW Pot-modded DX baton-style laser is quite nice. I don't know if it's IR filtered or not but it's been reliable for me so far, and feels heavy and well-built in the hand. The button feels a bit cheap, but, well, it is chaap. For $38 it's been the best buy I have made in a long time. Just make sure you have rechargables for it, or it could get costly very quickly. Not because it eats batteries, but because it's addictive to play with one. If not, the 200mW pen one for $60 is apparently less reliable and varies greatly in power outputs, but chances are you'll get more power.

I don't know what the power of my pointer is, but the beam is easily more visible than a 250+mW red pointer or a 100mW blu-ray pointer. It doesn't light things though, only smokes black ink, so I'm presuming it's not actually 100mW.

D

Deleted member 8382

the true 30mW is their best unit, it use to come overpowered and belive me, for the price is the best you will get, if you want somehting for burning then go for the dilda on standstone web (o-like.com).

DX is not perfect quality, but for the prices it have is much more than what you could expect.