Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Need project box for laser projector

Hello all, I am looking for a "2U" sized rack mount box for my RRGB laser projector.

It needs to have all the sides enclosed so I cannot just use a standard computer case. I found a perfect one but the company that supplies them is based in Australia:

http://laserpointerforums.com/f47/my-projector-build-wip-59202.html

Any idea where I can get a similar project enclosure here in the USA? Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• ss1.jpg
    ss1.jpg
    164.7 KB · Views: 450
  • ss2.jpg
    ss2.jpg
    218.7 KB · Views: 1,532

make one of wood. i did, and it works out fine. its easy and looks good as well, after you painted it and labbelled it.
its not expensive and can be the exact size you want.

I am building a few of these and they must look professionally made. Thanks for the tip but it cannot be made of wood...

hey Paul--

I am using a PC case but had to get Al plates for top/base and two sides so basically it is just a frame.

but plenty of room/ I am planning a lumia off to one side and a turning mirrors to direct the rgb thu it. I saw some old stereo recievers being tossed out made of metal but again you would need to make a front and back. there are other options out there--good luck buddy

len

Thanks hakzaw, I was almost thinking of something like that but I am going to making quite a few of these and I cannot devote lots of time to modifying each case. Would rather just find something that is ready to go. Right now I have my RRGB (added a second red along with PBS cube finally) projector in an oversized tupperware (lol) clear box. Check out this video I made last night using a smoke machine I just bought :eek:)

Multicolor RRGB Laser Projector - YouTube

Last edited:
Nice Job Paul..+1rep. Give me your approx. dimentions, and I will see what I can find here.

How many boxes would you need to start off?

Len

Last edited: