Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Need powerful laser for work

GSS

Ok, forgive me for just not believing yet:undecided:
Even if you were to mark a piece of rubber with say a 10W unit it will just leave a tiny burn mark that you won't be able to tell the difference from a typical scratch mark you will get from a junk yard. Same with any metal which I don't see any mark being made unless it was painted black..
Are you under the impression that a laser will leave a color mark the same as it's WL?

Last edited:

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Hi guys

Thank you for the replies. Not sure who the troll is?

The 50 meter distance was a bit to far after checking today.
The distance I would need is approx 5 to 10 meters.
Am no expert on lasers just what I've seen and what would be useful to my work.
I would like the laser to still be able to mark metal and thick rubber immediately.

Again many thanks for your advice in advance

Mike

If you honestly want to mark those items at 5-10 meters, or even at 50 meters, why not consider using a paintball gun, it'll easily and visibly mark your target, and you probably won't blind anyone in the process!

Besides, that would probably be a lot more fun! :cool:

GSS

If you honestly want to mark those items at 5-10 meters, or even at 50 meters, why not consider using a paintball gun, it'll easily and visibly mark your target, and you probably won't blind anyone in the process!

There you go:beer::beer:

This is no more practical then before.

It's feasible though needs a lot of cash, like those laser :gun: killing drones or other flying objects.

Also dealing with a laser able to burn things around combustible materials, the OP will need a fire station nearby too.

Guys, i need a color changing laser but it must be able to be seen on the moon. I don't have much money so can't buy safety glasses so it has to be eye safe. Oh and I have a $20 budget and it must fit in my pocket and be powered by 1 18650 battery. Please help me find a suitable laser.

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Brad, that's an easy order to fill, I've got just what you need, and free shipping too! :crackup:

PS - How many do you want? ;)

Last edited:
Brad, that's an easy order to fill, I've got just what you need, and free shipping too! :crackup:

PS - How many do you want? ;)

As many as $20 will buy me!!
Oh and forgot to mention. Has to have unlimited duty cycle using the best thermal insulators the government has!!

Encap

Ok thanks guys

Seems what I need is not available.

Even if possible to have a special purpose multi-thousands of Watts unit made---impractical use --only a small mark, way too expensive, way too dangerous especially in a scrap yard with reflections off metals and other people around, really a reckless use, liability and legal issues as well.
Britain's Health and Safety Executive would never allow that danger in a workplace anyway.

Much better off doing whatever you are doing already---spray marking paint can do the job.

Everything is possible in imagination, not so in the real world.

Oh and forgot to mention. Has to have unlimited duty cycle using the best thermal insulators the government has!!

:crackup:

Last edited:

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter

No problem, they already have those features; I've got you covered! :D
I can give you an even dozen for $20, today only.

Wow the abuse about something I mentioned am not an expert about is ridiculous and to take the piss is immature and some people need to grow up.
I didn't start being a douchebag to u guys so I would of expected the same.
Seems being on this forum full of 10 year olds was my mistake and ohh am deleting this account.

That's got to be the most logical solution at
a reasonable price to his problem of marking
something at a distance. :gj:

(Yeah.... Hit the wrong button..:yabbem:)

Jerry

Last edited: