Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Need help

Last edited:

DJNY

I would say that the parts like the optics and the module are more expensive to produce in a small package.

When comparing a laser with same wavelength, output power and beam characteristics, the lasers in the smaller host are more expensive.

A common example in the past weeks is the difference in price between the GLP-589nm (small host) and the PGL-III-C-589nm (big host).
For the same amount of cash, you get triple the power in the PGL-III-C host.

Btw, CNI is the supplier of Dragonlasers. You can find them here
The GLP @CNI is the Viper @Dragonlaser, the PGL-III-C @CNI is the Hulk @Dragonlasers

Last edited:

DJNY

^ good advice BUT

Is it going to be your first laser Kaffekaj?
Do you have suitable safety goggles at home?

thanks DJNY. I didn't notice this was first post. It's good to do an intro thread in the welcome section first. safety glasses are not optional. location helps us help you too.

Last edited:
^ good advice BUT

Is it going to be your first laser Kaffekaj?
Do you have suitable safety goggles at home?

Well i have a 1mw laser from amazon if that count hehe :)

no i dont have safety googles but im goin to buy some with me ofc, i will most likely use the laser outside.

i went to cni, i found the lasers but how do i buy lasers from the homepage ? hehe maybe im stupid but i cant find a buy button :D do i have to send them a mail?

edit your posts with the edit button rather than post twice. an email to CNI may be needed, but the price might be higher than the group buy's. I'd do the Group buy. I believe CNI lasers are IR filtered so safety glasses for this laser need only cover 532nm light.

read all the above posts well- all have give good advice-
buying from a trusted member is a better way to go and try to buy with eye protection included.

May I suggest this also-PLEASE go back to your profile page and finish it- this is more important than you may know- especially your location and your age-do not be tempted to be less than 100% honest- you will NOT be treated any different if you are an old fart like me(66) or a youngin' like laserben- he came here when IIRC 14 yrs pld and has done VERY well and has much respect.
LPF is not like many other forums-- we watch each others backs- we really care about both lasers and our brother forum members- when a company does one of us wrong they answer to many-- I am not sure but will guess that of your 3 posts/threads none was a 'intro' in our welcome section- idf you did ..then 'sorry' and I have a +4 green rep for you plus a friend req. if NOT then i will still do both AFTER you do your part.. we are at a crossroads ATM- laser haters want to kill our 'hobby'

......and at the same time new and very exciting things are and have been happening-your timing is perfect as many items we need are now much more affordable and LPF has grown and aside for all you can read here and find using our search you will get help from the LPF community- just please try to tkae no shortcuts- read and search and read some more- this is not the kind of hobby you can learn quickly- the vets here learn new stuff all the time- lasers are here to STAY and are now consdered to be a much more significant invention than Edison's light bulb (soon to be absolete )

New uses for lasers happen daily- they have improved our lives.

SO-- WELCOME to LPF- we have members everywhere ...one may live near you so please add your location to you PROFILE- so it appears under your user name-

read the sticky threads- the TOS- links given to you- use the search BEFORE you ask questions and for the basics read the laser bible Sam's Laser FAQ-- I Have been reading there for 10+ years and still have more reading to do..

hak

I have a hulk ultra 300mw I would sell if you are interested. Less than an hour run time on it.

Last edited:
read all the above posts well- all have give good advice-
buying from a trusted member is a better way to go and try to buy with eye protection included.

May I suggest this also-PLEASE go back to your profile page and finish it- this is more important than you may know- especially your location and your age-do not be tempted to be less than 100% honest- you will NOT be treated any different if you are an old fart like me(66) or a youngin' like laserben- he came here when IIRC 14 yrs pld and has done VERY well and has much respect.
LPF is not like many other forums-- we watch each others backs- we really care about both lasers and our brother forum members- when a company does one of us wrong they answer to many-- I am not sure but will guess that of your 3 posts/threads none was a 'intro' in our welcome section- idf you did ..then 'sorry' and I have a +4 green rep for you plus a friend req. if NOT then i will still do both AFTER you do your part.. we are at a crossroads ATM- laser haters want to kill our 'hobby'

......and at the same time new and very exciting things are and have been happening-your timing is perfect as many items we need are now much more affordable and LPF has grown and aside for all you can read here and find using our search you will get help from the LPF community- just please try to tkae no shortcuts- read and search and read some more- this is not the kind of hobby you can learn quickly- the vets here learn new stuff all the time- lasers are here to STAY and are now consdered to be a much more significant invention than Edison's light bulb (soon to be absolete )

New uses for lasers happen daily- they have improved our lives.

SO-- WELCOME to LPF- we have members everywhere ...one may live near you so please add your location to you PROFILE- so it appears under your user name-

read the sticky threads- the TOS- links given to you- use the search BEFORE you ask questions and for the basics read the laser bible Sam's Laser FAQ-- I Have been reading there for 10+ years and still have more reading to do..

hak

Thanks for helping me and thanks for the warm welcome :) I have updated my profile :)

I have a hulk ultra 300mw I would sell if you are interested. Less than an hour run time on it.

i will pm you