Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Need help with potential white light Ar/Kr

Hey guys,
Need some help with this laser! Hoping someone has the pinout for the controller, as I have no idea how to fire this up.

The tube IS gas intact, and has the correct color glow for an Ar/Kr. The mirrors also appear to be white light optics.

No idea the brand or output or anything. Any help is appreciated!

https://imgur.com/gallery/ZHQAu

hWwW7e0.jpg

bkMpXlf.jpg

evrR85m.jpg

Last edited:

diachi

That's a Laser Physics Reliant 300WC I believe.

These pages may get you started ... I'm sure there have been posts either on here or on PL about these before. I didn't think they needed the controller - I thought those were optional.

RELIANT 300WC WHITE LIGHT LASER

laser physics reliant 300wc

https://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-15488.html

Also ... green with envy...

Edit: Hah! Just realized you started that PL thread that I linked to back in 2011. :crackup:

Also, you may want to resize those pictures ... Imgur has a resize option built in. They are huge.

Last edited:
Ha! That's funny! I got this thing quite a while back and it just sat in my garage. I'm finally getting everything cleaned up, adding a dedicated 240V 60A outlet, and have a proper work bench so I'm excited to try to fire this thing up!

That might not be a good idea. If the power supply were to develop a fault, the BANG it makes with a 60A breaker will be quite a bit larger than that of a 15-20A breaker.

Razako

Can't wait to see where this thread goes. Here's hoping it ends in beamshots.

I'd love to you get that thing working, too. Is 220 VAC your only option? I thought it might have a switch on the PS transformer to select 110, but I could very well be thinking of a different laser.

Last edited:

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Wow, what a laser. I hope you can get it working. Seeing diffraction shots with this would be amazing.

alt.lasers Google Group said:
Here are the pinouts for the LP Reliant 300WC laser:

1. Remote Interlock
2. Remote Interlock
(Normally these two pins are connected together for laser operation.)

3. Current Reference
4. Current Reference
5. Voltage Reference
6. Voltage Reference
7. Idle Relay Coil-
8. Idle Relay Coil+
9. Start Relay Coil-
10. Start Relay Coil+
11. Wiper Output
12. Light Control Input
13. Light Control GND
14. DC Ground
15. +12 VDC Regulated.

Connector on the laser is a female DB15. These features and the DB15
connector are standard on all lasers delivered after Dec. 1, 1996.

Hope this helps.

I can't guarantee the reliability of this information, but I know it's a group a lot of the "founding fathers" of lasers used to frequently post on, before it slowly died like everything else on the internet. I'll keep sifting and see if I can't find anything that supports or contradicts it.

EDIT: Fun-fact, that was actually posted before the '99 ILDA conference. Another reply in that same thread, dude seems like a legit source for information.

I have an original manual for the 300WC. However, it is not too
impressive. In fact, it could be much better.

Laser Physics wrote a "generic" manual that covers this laser and their
other air-cooled lasers. Thus, the manual is more useful to describe
operation of an 457-515nm argon laser instead of a argon-krypton 457-
676nm laser.

The only time I have used the pinouts on the DB15 connector is for
measuring tube voltage and tube current.

In any case, I can supply a copy of the manual. If you are going to
ILDA next week, I will bring a copy.

Last edited:
yeah they have to run 220V. most air cooled white Ar+/Kr+ ion lasers are 220V due to the voltage drop across the tube being too large for 110. generally they're 10A but I think the reliants go a bit higher IIRC? It does indeed look like a reliant. good luck getting it going...most mixed gas ion lasers have a hard time waking up after a long time sleeping, as the krypton really doesn't like sitting, and is buried faster than its argon counterpart and so they're a bit more finicky than plain argon ion lasers.

yeah they have to run 220V. most air cooled white Ar+/Kr+ ion lasers are 220V due to the voltage drop across the tube being too large for 110. generally they're 10A but I think the reliants go a bit higher IIRC? It does indeed look like a reliant. good luck getting it going...most mixed gas ion lasers have a hard time waking up after a long time sleeping, as the krypton really doesn't like sitting, and is buried faster than its argon counterpart and so they're a bit more finicky than plain argon ion lasers.

I'm certain that it's Laser Physics, fairly that it's a Reliant. As for 300, I don't have the expertise with this maker to know for sure. Even some Ar+ will give that full ion spectrum warning just to make the process easier on the company.

i'm not 100% but i think thats actually a Reliant WC1000, not a WC300... my WC300 says Max output at 500mW, not 1W (1000mW).
My WC300 draws about 22A @ 227v at max output so i'd go no less that a 30A, preferably 50A or more. as far as pinouts go, are you looking to control it remotely or are you looking just to get it fired up with an interlock bypass? if looking to bypass, i can check the interlock i have on mine and give you the specs. they SHOULD be interchangeable.