Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Need Help Collimating a multi-mode red diode

I just ordered one of these diodes HIGH POWER 635nm RED BURNING LASER DIODE 1/2 WATT TO-3 - eBay (item 290329289664 end time Jul-12-09 14:59:09 PDT) and was wondering if anyone has experience with collimating something like that. I am looking to put it in a scanner because it is TEC cooled and way too large to put into a pointer.

EDIT: I just found this but is it an old auction. It may be what I need MULTIMODE LASER DIODE COLLIMATION LENS ASSEMBLY em eBid.net Portugal "; # constumava ser "Ver Leilão

Last edited:

Since it has a Fast Axis lens, it is possible to use a glass lens, like aixiz glass. But you'll need to find a way to mount the lens.

If it has a fast axis lens...

then one of the brass lens assemblies should work fine.

LarryDFW

I bought a TO-3 collimation unit from Chris before he stopped selling. Unfortunately, I couldn't buy a diode from him because he stopped, so I wil have one spare when it arrives. I can sell it to you for a little below what he sells them for - how does $65+shipping sound? Chris charged $75 I believe. It is exactly the same as in the link above. I can get the picture if you want

Let me know

Last edited:
I would like one of those lens assemblies robj, but I want to get that diode in the mail and test it before I order any more parts for it. Let me know if you can hold it.

Well I can't afford a TO-3 diode for a while now that Chris has stopped selling, so I'll let you know when it arrives, and shall keep it for you.

Rob

Check out the thread that says Chris Leubner bad experiences, he says he's getting out of this stuff.

However he did contact may offering the diode you're talking about so if you still want to do business with him I think he still has one

I asked him, but he said he had stopped and woudn't make an exception for me. ITs understandable to be honest

Rob

daguin

Check out the thread that says Chris Leubner bad experiences, he says he's getting out of this stuff.

He has said this more than once before . . . . . .

Chris is a bit "volatile." Keep your eyes open

Peace,
dave