Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Need Help Choosing First 532nm Beast.

ArJuna

I am hoping you live either close to Houston or near Newton NC.

hak

That's funny, I am hoping YOU live either close to Houston or near Newton NC, because I don't. :D

ETA:
Washington, D.C. MD suburbs actually, Gaithersburg, MD to be more accurate.

Last edited:

same here= saw the location you adde ;-)
not much help= but if we want to know your IP is a giveaway==

I do want to be helpful- so be sure to check out this for the very best deal on a fat green laser. ON sale- and some are here with me for quicker shipping==

http://laserpointerforums.com/f55/g...-pl-e-2-0-3-0-clearance-may-2013-a-82017.html we did 8 GB old style and now the easy GB is much better and way faster= no more waiting on others to pay up=each order goes out once paid.. hak

ArJuna

One other factor about night sky and HP greens-- recently in the USA (could that be where you are? we dont know that ..yet) intentional lasing of ANY aircraft is no longer just a felony its a FEDERAL OFFENSE- pilots report most every laser they see.
your intentions are not a factor-
they are pretty much required to report any the see., regardless of where the laser is aimed.

So that is not a big deal if you are not near an airport and are not lasing aircraft intentionally.. just good to keep in mind.fyi

Is that particular to greens? Is it better to get a 445 in that respect? I could see myself getting a 1-2w 445nm. I love the color.

Last edited:
Good question-- afaik every incident I ever read about mentioned that the laser used was a green one. Of course i am not saying that any color should be used towards aircraft but the blue would appear slightly less bright if mW were the same- if the laser were a 405 blu-ray it would hardly be seen- Just like red no PJ has too much 405-