Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Need help choosing a FP laser

I've been wanting to get a red laser for a while, surprisingly I don't have one yet. I'm looking at these two products:

Laser #1

Laser #2

They are the same host, a SKY clone. Obviously the 100mW would seem better at only $3 more, but since it's FP I realize either one will be a gamble and they both might just be the same product. Don't try to convince me to get the 200mW red laser, I really don't want to spend more than ~$20 on it and it's just for pointing anyway.

well you could build one for a bit less.
But i would say to go with the 100mw that way if it is 50% under powered you still have 50mw.

DJNY

Take the 100mW one and if it is anything near 100mW I´m also going to buy one :beer:

That's a good point, a chance of having 50mW more output is probably worth the 3 bucks extra. I'll do a review when I get it, but there's no way I'll be able to test the output by myself.

but for reds i just build them like i got a few from amk with my blurays and now that GB for the locs for 5$ driver around 2$ and host for 15$ bolt heatsink from home depot and you at around 20$ and you have a much higher power.

I would do that, if I had any soldering experience whatsoever... Just curious, where can you get the $2 pen hosts?

PLEASE do a review when you get it. I want this laser for the host, I want to fit a phr or 6x in it. And if not, it'd be a cool red pointer.

I've owned the 100mW version. It was 70mW as I recall. Not a bad laser but with the nice new price of the pulsar that is the route I would go if I were to ever want to buy another red that is not focusable.

I'm staying away from the pulsar, mostly because I don't need more than ~50mW since it's just for pointing/beamshots, and it's more than I want to spend. I'll order the FP sometime next month and let you all know how it is.
smiley.gif