Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Need advice on my 3000th post...

IsaacT

So I am getting close to the 3 year mark and also the 3000 post mark right now. I would like to do something to celebrate 3 years on an amazing forum and a nice post number to go along with it. My idea so far...

1. Giveaway type thing where I pick one of my lasers and set up a giveaway. I do not know how I should have people entered though.

Just wondering if anyone has any ideas. I do not mean for this post to come over as egotistical. I dont think that highly of myself, but I want to do something fun for my 3rd LPF Birthday.

Thanks,
Isaac

Last edited:

this is in the poll area without a poll......tsk tsk :na:

you also only have one option so not sure how well that vote will go :crackup:

Anyways, in all seriousness, i suggest just a straight up giveaway. thats what im doing for mt 2500 post (well guess i gave the timing of that away but oh well). Im not asking members for money and its going to be done all on my dime; prize and shipping of BOTH giveaway item :D

BTW it doesnt have to be an expensive item since its the thought that counts but may i suggest the 520nm, 473nm or MS-SSW. those arent too expensive and would be a nice prize for me, oh i mean the winner of the giveaway :p :D :D :D :p :D :D

Last edited:

IsaacT

Lol aren't too expensive. Hahaha you are funny :p The 520 wasn't as bad as the others though. And yes, I know I didn't put up a poll but it seemed like the best section to ask in.

Last edited:
well if i couldnt get a laugh out of you then the joke was a bust. the grand prize for my giveaway is in the $30-40 range depending on which i pick. the second place prize is in the $15-20 range. my giveaway is US only with the option of international winner as long as they are ok with helping on the shipping cost.

if you could do something like that then i think the community would appreciate it. prize doesnt have to be anything special. good luck and let me know what you end up doing!

IsaacT

Oh I chuckled, maybe my amusement didnt translate to my reply. Hate the interwebs sometimes :p

I kind of want to do a contest or something.

no it came through perfectly, was just saying im glad you chuckled. what do you have in mind for a contest? like the best hand made laser or first to type hamlet in pig-latin contest?

A random number drawing would be interesting, too. Lots of possibilities, but it's all up to how you want to do it :beer: speaking for the community as a whole (if I may), thanks so much for the generous ideas!

How about a item for auction then donate the money to LPF. A win for all.

How about a item for auction then donate the money to LPF. A win for all.

or a requirement to be entered is to donate $1 into the forum as entry, $2 is 2 entry, and up to $10 for 10 entries, you may end up getting $500 donated to the forum and using the who donated list as a way to pick the winner ?

yes ? no?

it can go on for a week or so and once it closes you use a random number gen to find the winner

Last edited:
or a requirement to be entered is to donate $1 into the forum as entry, $2 is 2 entry, and up to $10 for 10 entries, you may end up getting $500 donated to the forum and using the who donated list as a way to pick the winner ?

yes ? no?

it can go on for a week or so and once it closes you use a random number gen to find the winner

I really like that idea.

if it involves donating to this horrid site then count me out, what a piece of junk! :crackup:

thats actually a good idea and the previous statement was a joke so relax, I love this place!

if it involves donating to this horrid site then count me out, what a piece of junk! :crackup:

thats actually a good idea and the previous statement was a joke so relax, I love this place!

Ah your true colors are showing. I knew you were a D-bag:crackup:
So what do you think Issac?

Ah your true colors are showing. I knew you were a D-bag:crackup:
So what do you think Issac?

Clearly, esspecially with the last part of my statement......darn you guys figured me out. They dont call me a MASShole for nothing :p

IsaacT

I am going to keeping thinking bit I do like all of these suggestions!