Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Need advice on 532nm laser purchase.

Hey. I'm currently in possession of the lasers in my signature.

I am really happy with what I have so far. A greenie that is nice and portable. Not too bright. 50mW. I have a Red 200mW for burning. Blue/violet for prosperity 5mW. I need to complete my collection until I get a 1W laser in January.

I'm looking for a good green laser that shows the best beam in the night sky. I don't really want to pay much more than $200 or £140. Can anyone help me out with this. I've been over the forum for 2 nights and I can't find anything at the price I want that does what I need it to do.

With the green, I couldn't care less about burning strength, I'm only interested in the beam.

Remember, the cheaper the better. Those prices above I really wouldn't be too comfortable parting with unless the laser was some insane monster. I'm open to lasers being constructed/sold by members of LPF as long as they're good quality and they're okay with using a middleman.

~~ Kieran :thanks:

p.s. http://rayfoss.com/productn.asp?ArticleID=34 anyone able to tell me if this one really is 200mW. I think that a 200mW one would really do the job where beams are concerned. 400mW is like, the most I'll ever want in a green laser. for $40 more though. I can't really justify getting this one over the 400mw o-like...

Last edited:

udanis

Hey. I'm currently in possession of the lasers in my signature.

I am really happy with what I have so far. A greenie that is nice and portable. Not too bright. 50mW. I have a Red 200mW for burning. Blue/violet for prosperity 5mW. I need to complete my collection until I get a 1W laser in January.

I'm looking for a good green laser that shows the best beam in the night sky. I don't really want to pay much more than $200 or £140. Can anyone help me out with this. I've been over the forum for 2 nights and I can't find anything at the price I want that does what I need it to do.

With the green, I couldn't care less about burning strength, I'm only interested in the beam.

Remember, the cheaper the better. Those prices above I really wouldn't be too comfortable parting with unless the laser was some insane monster. I'm open to lasers being constructed/sold by members of LPF as long as they're good quality and they're okay with using a middleman.

~~ Kieran :thanks:

That really isn't the case. I ordered from a cheap chinese drop shipper a 250mw laser, turned out to be 2mw.

I recommend o-like, I have a few of their lasers. Check out the cute 200 or this guy
400mW green laser torch /focusable/waterproof [OL-532-350] - $196.99 : Welcome to O-Like.com, Your source for laser products
400mw of 532nm for under $200!

400mw of 532nm for under $200!

That sounds very, very tasty... I may wait until January and get that one instead of the 1W I was planning on getting. I can imagine the beam on that being some schmexy stuff. What do you think the beam will look like on that?

edit: £120 for that 400mW... wow. If it really is outputting at 400mW. This is the one for me. I'll never need anything else...

edit 2: Is there a review on this laser anywhere? With power test. :D

Last edited:

udanis

That sounds very, very tasty... I may wait until January and get that one instead of the 1W I was planning on getting. I can imagine the beam on that being some schmexy stuff. What do you think the beam will look like on that?

I have that Jet laser PL-C that outputs over 300mw and the beam is amazing, a little more power couldn't hurt. The best is when I fire my PL-C and 445 up at the same time awesome beams at night!

hmmm, my ledshoppe 50mw has been modded to be about 90mw. and it is insane. if you know how to adjust drivers i would reccomend pot modding. what you already have.

micahel.

hmmm, my ledshoppe 50mw has been modded to be about 90mw. and it is insane. if you know how to adjust drivers i would reccomend pot modding. what you already have.

micahel.

I have no idea what to do there.

As long as it doesn't require soldering then I will do just that. But I don't want to risk breaking it. I'd rather just pay my £120 for a good 400mW and know that it's good quality and it won't break. I've seen the beams on 500mW greenies and they are absolutely crazy.

i don't have personal experience with beam expanders. i assume you can rig any one to fit any laser. the key word is "rig".

i don't have personal experience with beam expanders. i assume you can rig any one to fit any laser. the key word is "rig".

I'll get it when I've recovered from the 400mW o-like. That purchase just hit my bank account harder than I really wanted it to haha. Could you send a link of the best place to get one? You seem like you know what you're talking about and last time I searched for stuff it took me 30 mins to find what I was looking for within all the crap. :scowl:

i think anything above 200mW of green is a waste, sure it's a nice to have...

Just remember alot of that beam is IR.

O-like Modules and Lasers seems to be on par , on spec or overspec.

Close range Green is Super Super bright. i won't go higher than 200mW (even True 50mW / 100mW is super Bright and quite strong)