Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Need a laser that can burn iPhone camera sensor

why? could be mistaken identity.. wrong place wrong time? Except on your own private property there is no law that interferes with the freedom of the Press.. (checks and balances)

and. BTW . loose talk about b0mb5 is asking for trouble.. just hak's 'dos centavos solo'

Last edited:

Hak, relax there buddy. I believe he specified SMOKE bombs... not an explosive device. Anyway, still a bad idea for sooooo many reasons. I like the IR dazzler idea though.

ah okay sorry i did not know that smoke bombs are not 'bombs'
TW did you happen to do a search on that??
I will agree that generally they are not illegal but lots of restrictions and you may have heard about 'bombs' A LOT in the news???
you even have to be over 18 to read this link.

Enola Gaye™ | What, When, How can we use smoke bombs

https://www.enolagaye.com/what-when-how-can-we-use-smoke-bombs/

What, when, how can we use smoke bombs? More commonly known ... It is easy to create panic and you will then be on the wrong side of the law. Use the bullet ...
_______________this^^^ link is to a smoke bomb maker/seller..
so they have a dog in this fight.. and even they say problems can happen
and only under certain circumstances is it Okay ... times have changed..

there are, sadly many things we must no longer do in the future... even in private.

Last edited:
Hi,
Are you kidding us here I don't believe some folks motives, But this takes the cake really now just looking for attention. I don't believe this thread went this far. All the ways folks here told you how to disable the camera, but your on a crash and burn direction .

Rich:)

Rich.. I am doing my best to hijack this thread.

and we have seen much worse.. remember these??

'WTB laser that will break windows'

'help me find a laser that will ruin my neighbors security cameras'
& they had just moved in-the neighbors and security cameras were already there..

THis one several times.. " looking for lasers that will turn streets lights/ traffic lights off and on...
then the worse of these-- 'Laser wanted that will ruin all street light police cameras!!!'

'do they have lasers that will set off fireworks from far away? so nobody knows who lit them?'
(he wanted to scare neighbors who walked down and back nightly on 'his' road.)

OK i will double post and change the mood.

Against the LAW!!! wtf- I heard they were going to make 5ex illegal..
a misdomeaner..

the more you miss IT the 'meaner' you get..

I was told that playing with myself would also make you 'go blind'... good thing I stopped when I needed glasses.

Hi , Len,
Yes I remember some of these threads , what are people thinking, NOT thinking at all. Talk about dumb as a box of rocks.

Rich:)

tru dat
Those kind of threads make us ALL look bad.... I wish they could be totally deleted.
PLEASE anyone reading this with an 'iffy' question-- send it to a friend (vet) here first.
Last one was worded poorly -- OP wanted advice on a laser that would be less dangerous to the eyes--instead it was 'which lasers can blind you'...

Coonie

Yeah the smoke bomb isn't a bomb at all. It doesn't even explode. Maybe I should have called it a smoker? Or maybe a smoke signaler? I think kipkay made IR led glasses in one of his videos years ago specifically for this purpose.

I'd think the desired effect on the picture would get old fast. Better to get an old cheapo camera off craigslist to do it with. CCD sensor might be interesting. But certainly any 8 year old these days could write a picture editing app with damaged sensor effects.

37759666_2125755571083124_70110887226114048_n.jpg

This is how it looks if you burn the front sensor on the iPhone. I saw a video with a 3.5mW that did too much to it so I guess 1mW would be enough...
Here's the video for reference, help please.

If that's the effect you are looking for....
Any photo editing software will easily do this...

Your motives sound fishy... IMO

Jerry

OFs Like Jerry and myself have seen them ALL!
both of us are here daily.. we miss very little and our
experience and 'spidy sense' is rarely wrong..but we are quick
'fix' & get it right in the very few times we are..WRONG.

care to comment?

Last edited:

Benm

I'd say it would be hard to tell motives.

I came across this video on youtube recently where some guy pointed a 5 watt blue straight into an old camera to see what it would record. Surprisingly the camera survived that reasonably well with only some burned out pixels. After that he proceeded to set the camera of fire with a blowtorch to film it's demise.

But digital camera's and lasers are not a good combo really. Burning out the sensor to the point the camera doesn't record anything is not that likely, but you can definitely burn out some pixels that will be permanently damaged - this is why i never use my good camera when taking shots of laser beams towards the camera... 1 mishap and it's unusable for practical application: it will still take pictures just f fine, but with black dots/lines/streaks in every image.

Even the 'pros' have experienced pixel damage--AND at the LEMs where we all have 'all access' in your face .. up in the balcony good vantage-point best angle for brightest laser but bad for cameras. I survived by 'peeking ' over my laser glasses and under the brim of my hat.. may as well had a burka on.. lol
and see how many 'shots' are hitting me.. no good tried another seat and way less beamage.. still scary with vidcam-- lots of time for lots camera damage.
I know one who got terrible damage with his best camera -- still uses it for lasers and simply photoshops the missing pixels..

I never pass up an older dig. camera at thirft shops-- 5-15 $usd .. some work some sorta -some are only good for parts.. FS vdc mini motors for Spiro project $60 for 3 pcs all from cameras like Canons..fast quite and not cheap..

for $15 you get 3 from Polaroid One-step. 3vdc . haha --

pager motors ---only way to go for smallest spiro, Liquid sky or tunnel maker.
3 for $6.. you get them with counterweight in place -- its pressed onto the motor shaft.

I'd say it would be hard to tell motives.

I came across this video on youtube recently where some guy pointed a 5 watt blue straight into an old camera to see what it would record. Surprisingly the camera survived that reasonably well with only some burned out pixels. After that he proceeded to set the camera of fire with a blowtorch to film it's demise.

But digital camera's and lasers are not a good combo really. Burning out the sensor to the point the camera doesn't record anything is not that likely, but you can definitely burn out some pixels that will be permanently damaged - this is why i never use my good camera when taking shots of laser beams towards the camera... 1 mishap and it's unusable for practical application: it will still take pictures just f fine, but with black dots/lines/streaks in every image.
That's good advice. So far so good-it's a great reason to NOT use my expensive camera.

Near as I can tell, the OP hasn't responded here since the day of the OP. Are you certain anyone is still interested?

Benm

He's probably getting his iphone camera replaced :D

Just don't use expensive camera's when filming mucking about with lasers. The only exception could be when everything is securely mounted and you want to film a beamshow. In those cases you can run the show once with the lenscap on te camera to ensure it never strikes it directly, and then run it again while recording.