Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Need a custom aluminum heatsink.

Offer taken by MISTERWILLING. Thanks!

Very simple, no need to get fancy here. I need two of these:
heatsink-2.png

The hole should be centered for an Aixiz module press-fit. No set screw is needed. The heatsink is not going to be seen so looks don't matter.

PM me for offers. I'm looking at around $20 for both. I would prefer to get this as soon as possible.
Thanks,
Jimmymcjimthejim

Last edited:

um....buy a 12mm drill bit and a block of aluminum? would prob be cheaper than having someone do this for you.

daguin

Most of the heat sinks have a set screw because the aiXiz module are NOT consistent enough to predict the diameter closely enough to get a press fit. Also because drilling aluminum is not very precise.

Plus, it is a fact of lasering that diodes fail. You are going to need to get the module out of there eventually ;)

Peace,
dave

I see what you're saying Dave. If the hole is too small I'll just sand it until it fits. If it's too big then I'll wrap the module in a layer of aluminum foil. If the diode fails I can still get it out and replace it with a new one. Just trying to stay simple people!

jim, what kind fo deal are you looking for? i can call the machinist i use and ask what it'd cost, he gives pretty good deals considering his normal shop rate is $50/hr

Shipping is extra if that's okay. I would rather just put in a set screw. Press fit on an aixiz is hard because they are inconsistent. Unless you can measure the aixiz your going to use with micrometers. I can have it shipped in 2 or three days. PM me your paypal and I'll send a request.

Austin