Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Need a contact board ASAP!

I am in grave need of a contact board for a C6 host. I need it by the 16th of Janurary, and I don't know how else to get it in time than to ask here. SurvivalLasers can only get it to me in time (with definite assurance) if I pay $60. Please tell me there is a better alternative than this?? :cryyy:

Howl's moving castle! Love that movie.
Well if you absolutely need one could you make one? I know radio shack sells some round blanks that you would have to rig battery contacts to.

Tmack

I have a handful but obviously wouldn't get there in time

NKO29

I could have another go of making one slightly smaller than the one i gave you. Problem is that i'd probably make it too small as we're talking about accuracies within the mm range :thinking:

Thanks all, I think I'll message bobhaha because he lives in Sydney and I know he'd be cool with me picking it up from his house :) And yeah NKO29 we're talking differences of less than a mm so unless you have a $30,000 CNC then I don't think it'd be possible :p

Last edited:

NKO29

Well, i actually do have access to an expensive CNC machine LOL! That's how i cut the contact boards into perfect circles the first place XD Otherwise to make the 2 separate rings, i used me Dremel as a lathe :D But i wont be able to use the CNC machine for a couple of weeks whilst i'm away :(

Haha that makes two of us! My school has a CNC and because I know how to use it they said I could make anything I want with it xD Only problem is I have no access to any contact board :p But I would preferably want a contact board with wires coming off it anyway so that it'd be easier for my noob self to put together xD

NKO29

Contact board is easily attainable. Jaycar stocks many different types of it :) As for the wires, theyre easy. Drill a small hole in the centre, and one on the outer ring, then solder your wires there.