Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

NDG7K75T? (1W 525nm!)

DTR

NDB7K75 and NDG7K75T are the original engineering/test sample designations of what became the final production of NDB7A75 and NDG7475. They just pulled that the Nichia site. They are either selling the 500mW, 700mW, or 1W 520's. 500mW pushes to 900mw, 700mW runs to 1.1W(which still a lot of China sellers selling these as the 1W) and the 1W runs to 1.4W. The cheap NDB7875 and M140 diodes flooding in right now are from companies and edu's upgrading their fleet and discarding EOL units and there is a feeding frenzy for them going on which is why you see them popping up all over the place. This is why I put the bit about how to tell the difference in my M140 listing. I have new pulls but if you want to save some money techhood and several other sellers offer the cheaper used NDB7875 and you can get the used M140's here cheaper than above from 94Z28's sales thread.

Last edited:

Hey guys, long time no post ;)
Anyway, I emailed a supplier probably 2 years ago about a diode, and they finally got back to me and sent me a list of diodes that were surprisingly very cheap($24 for a 7875!). Among this quote were some that i had never heard of such as the NDG7K75T. Looking this up, it appears to be rated at 525nm on nichi@$ website but I couldn't find any info on it here. They're offering it to me for $175, and seeing the price of other greens, that seems pretty good. Anyway I was wondering your guys's thoughts on this.

Wait, is this an open can diode?

But are they genuine?

1443162847231089.jpg

Last edited:

DTR

They would not be what is shown in that datasheet. That is a preproduction test sample datasheet that was up on N***** site for years now and before they produced them. The diodes they are selling would be something else but that does not mean they are not NDG7475 diodes.
I touched on this some in this post.
http://laserpointerforums.com/f55/nubm08e-new-9-10-watter-96753-12.html#post1435623

Either way it is very unlikely they have some of the original test samples from years ago. Most likely they have the 500mW/700mW/1W or possibly see below.

There are some NUGM01 diodes going around(as well as some NUGM05/06/07/08) that have a aftermarket can welded on the top of them. To spot them look for the giant diode window. The window is not AR coated(which I am not sure how that would affect them in the long term) and they fry the crap out of the diodes getting them welded on. Got a sample of a NUGM01T and NUBM06 diode that had these cans added. Both had irregular or say uneven output lines like there were lighter and darker spaces in the bar output which is usually pretty solid. One was just noticeable and the other one just terrible producing a circular halo when near focused with a lens. Under closer inspection it had the dye near melted off the frame.

7IbFyt.jpg

KYj0m6.jpg

GfBTz2.jpg

P0RD1R.jpg

Should I ask them for some pictures of the diode, and whether or not the 7k75t is real?

DTR

Sure. Would not hurt to see pics if not just ones pulled from others. The diode was real but the T means test sample. If they insist on saying that is it they either don't know or are purposely misleading. Not uncommon from China vendors. Again that does not mean you would not get a true 1W 520 but the chance it is a test sample diode is near zero and zero for sure if they have more than a couple.:beer:

Alright, I asked for pics on the ndv7k75t, NUGM01T and the other nug one yesterday, I'm awaiting their response

Reactions: GSS
Sorry for the delay, school started and I keep forgetting to post the updates:
laser_array.jpg

no_lens.jpg

with_lens.jpg

She included these pictures, and said this:
Dear Joey,

We aslo have Nichia NDG7475 520nm 1w laser diode TO5-9mm
Unit price: USD 172/piece

About NUBM05 and NUGM01T is laser array.
We can extract single laser diode for you, lens also can be removed, please advice.
Picture attached, please check it.

All laser diode are original brand and package, 100% quality gurantee. ;-)
Could you tell me how many pieces do you need?

Waiting for your reply.
Warm regards,
Dora

Last edited:

94Z28

The middle pictures almost looks like an LPC-826 red diode. Top and Bottom look like a typical Niche array/diode. These pics are found in Google, tell them you want pictures of their actual stock with a piece of paper with the date in background maybe. This makes you think...

DTR

All three are NUB/NUG type diodes middle is with the can removed. By the sound of their message sounds like they did not include a picture of the non array 1W greens.