Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

NDG7475 diode window...yeah

Im considering rolling the dice and removing the window. I have tried to clean it a few times with q tips and 97% alcohol. Im sure something is burned into the window. Any advice on doing this? Toothpick and a solder sucker? Animal sacrifice (jk)?

Hi,
Send it out to DTR he might de can it and evaluate the issue for a price . He is very good, let a pro fix your mean green diode which costs $$$$$ .

Rich:)

Done. Used ceramic tweezers. Also did the same thing to my A-140. Perfect.

That window is a lot wider than the opening, you can have some window glass left inside that you don't see through the opening stuck to the backside of the front of the can.

I have "fixed" them before too, but be aware that there is more glass in there that can come loose if not decanned.

Good luck. :beer:

Good to know RC. I will do a good inspector before adding the module to a host.
Coming from the RC hobby a $200 diode isn't the end of the world. Try learning to fly a heli, coiling the frame of a buggy against say a car tire, or a Lipo speed boat on fire in the middle of a lake. This laser hobby is much easier on the wallet.
I used the ceramic tweezers tips to scratch and weaken the glass. I figured it should give me some kind of advantage and reduce the force required to break the glass.

Hi,
Glad to hear things worked out well a happy ending for a change. This is a great hobby but addicting to

rich:)